Roc's disappointing

Yes I know Hamlet is in ever access. The Roc is such a waste of potential at this point its a flying Bigfoot that also happens to take you to the 4th island which would be cool if the 4th island had any reason to exist the only reason to go there is 2 items which can be gotten on your first trip, and items you get are so important but the way you get them is so anticlimactic that when you go there you will be in more shock due to the fact that's it other than the fact you just got eaten by a 3 headed bird that is the size of a small island.

My main problems with Roc

1 Its completely harmless unless you run into its feet as it lands other than that it doesn't hurt you.

2 it does so little all roc does is take you to the 4th island which almost anything else could do that like the cave you unlock by getting to the island.

3 it feels like half of its missing it hypes itself up slowly getting bigger then landing then starts chasing the player somewhat awkwardly eats you then you appear on the 4th island your completely fine as it flies away and you get 2 rare items that you can't get anywhere else feels like the middle is just cut out you suddenly appear on the 4th island as if something happened but you missed it somehow.

Things that I would like changed or added to the Roc

1 Let me fight it I don't care who fruitless the effort would be or how much I would have to prepare it would be a amazing fight 

2 Befriend or ride Roc we still don't have a method of regening our world roc might work maybe it flies you to a new landmass which would be a new world or if you befriend Roc you get a item that can call it and take you to other islands.

3 make surviving it a challenge the thing is 200x your size and its less threatening than a frog make roc attack the play or make it use its grab if the player runs to far or attack the player in any way shape or form other than it accidentally stomping on you when it lands.

4 make surviving it have any kind of effect in the update that added roc in the note it said "I hear anyone surviving a one on one with the Roc gets pretty famous." and judging by what roc is now they definitely didn't mean irl so can we get anything out of this? I don't even think anything changes and even then its not noticeable 

Anyway this was everything I think is wrong with roc and I really hope Klei adds more to the Roc cause at this point it really doesn't need to exist

All of your points sound very sound. My rock made a bigger mess though, it stomped on my house with one foot and on a carpenter pig with the other. I found out that carpenter pigs are full of hammers and had some 8 hammer stock ever since.

But then the Roc disappeared so that was kinda the extent of my personal experience with the fella :D

Archived