Skyworthy and world linking suggestion

Intro sequences
For first time when visiting new world, there should played intro sequence:

• From HAM or SW to DS/RoG - Maxwell's intro
  • From HAM or DS/RoG to SW - Wolly's intro (for first time, not spawned near natural generated seaworthy, it should be needed to find)
  • From SW or DS/RoG to HAM - Maxameleon's intro

After finding way back to origin world, player should normally spawned near Seaworthy/Skyworthy

Land(?)worthy
Since Hamlet added another worthy-like portal, which also has ability of travel to SW, seaworthy seems to be pointless with both HAM and SW dlcs. For this, DS/RoG world should have it's own version of worthy portal. With that, Seaworthy should gain ability of travel to HAM world too.
Another idea is remove from Skyworthy way to SW and allow player to build Seaworthy in HAM world.

Shared content between worlds
Player should be able to use known recipes in every worlds, for instance if player has linked HAM and SW worlds, should be able to craft SW boats in HAM and vice versa (Cork Bowl Canoe, which player is able to bring through Skyworthy, but can't craft it in SW world (player would has to discover that recipe by visiting HAM world)), other example is having Key to the City in DS and/or SW should active City Planning Tab too, etc.

4 hours ago, Nextej said:

Shared content between worlds
Player should be able to use known recipes in every worlds, for instance if player has linked HAM and SW worlds, should be able to craft SW boats in HAM and vice versa (Cork Bowl Canoe, which player is able to bring through Skyworthy, but can't craft it in SW world (player would has to discover that recipe by visiting HAM world)), other example is having Key to the City in DS and/or SW should active City Planning Tab too, etc.

Shared content is exactly what this game needs.

Being able to build anything anywhere would open up a bunch of possibilities and make things less tedious, as for example: I can use Snakeskin rugs and Limestone walls in RoG and Hamlet, however, I gotta take an unnecessary trip to Shipwrecked just to build them even if I already have the necessary materials.

Some characters outright lose some of their perks in other worlds such as Woodlegs not being able to craft his Lucky Hat or Sea Legs or Wilbur not being able to build Primeape hutches to take advantage of his monkey king perk outside of SW.

I would also like to see special items that would encourage world merging such as a Thulecite boat or combining loot from different bosses across RoG, SW and HAM to create some unique items and stuff.

Odd, another suggestion I made before myself

On 13/11/2018 at 10:42 PM, Nextej said:

Land(?)worthy
Since Hamlet added another worthy-like portal, which also has ability of travel to SW, seaworthy seems to be pointless with both HAM and SW dlcs. For this, DS/RoG world should have it's own version of worthy portal. With that, Seaworthy should gain ability of travel to HAM world too.

Exactly what would make all worlds consistent. And better also if we can craft all worthys in their respective world! So may be one worthy already in world (can still hammer) and can make another so you can base in multiple places if you want with ability to move to other worlds.

Archived