My DST Hamlet Suggestions

Sasuga

This might need to be moved to suggestions and feedback, that I hadn't seen. Sorry & thanks.

As of this post I've only lived 24 in-game-days in DST Hamlet.

1. I'd like the bell in the shops to be ringable. It might be fun to call the pig from the back or something in a particular shop, and maybe annoy them with the bell. *Shrug* Not important though, just a minor fun thing.

2. I feel cutting grass should take one wack, not three like Bambo and Vine. The fact you have to cut it already makes you carry an extra tool, and I know the game is meant to be harder, but its more annoying than difficult. I know that it would make your tool last longer being 1 instead of 3 as well, but I've not had an issue buying or making tools as yet. The storage and carrying the tool is a challenge addition already.

Spoiler

I've used the clippers to cut grass and other things, they'd still have an advantage over the machete, but you could make them a three for one instead of a two for one with the machete being one for one. 

3. Is there a way to bribe the guards or do I have to slay them for accidentally picking a berry when I meant to pick up a poo. If there is a way to bribe them, I don't want to be told, but if there isn't a bribery or a cooldown there should be. Maybe some way to pay the fine, or be arrested instead of them just attacking me forever for accidentally doing something. - If there already is something, again don't tell me. And maybe a single day's too short. Maybe the value of the thing you got caught steeling could be the fine, or double even, or value plus one. But there should be a way to get forgiveness if there isn't already.

Spoiler

Someone spoiled it for me that you can bribe the guards by dropping Oincs. That's fine, but I was trying to give the guards the Oincs directly.

4. The guards should not fight with torches! They put your camp fire out, but then fight things with torches and burn down their village. I know they're pigs, but they should be smarter than this! Perhaps guards should have a lamp near them and fight with their halberds..? Maybe they can have mining helmets or something like it? Whatever the case, I wasn't going to pick the berry bushes and grass that they burned down anyway, since the pigs would attack me if I did, but I find it dumb that they'll put out a campfire and burn down their village. - At least the buildings come back. It'd be neat to have pigs put out fires with buckets, maybe a well or several wells in town for putting out fires... But even if that's added, they shouldn't fight with torches IMO.

Spoiler

I often hide inside until daylight for the bats and guards to fight without torches. And while this can be challenging, me needing to eat but stuck inside until daylight or something, its also kinda dumb IMO. Maybe the guards can wear cork hats at night? Or maybe the guards can put on cork hats to fight and torches when they're not fighting. Personally, I like the idea of them just wearing cork hats.

5. I didn't realize you paid when you picked up the item, so I gave all my oincs to a shopkeeper to buy an item then couldn't buy it. Maybe give feedback that its not how its done, or setup a credit system or something so if I give the oincs to the shopkeeper I can then buy an item. I won't be giving my oincs to shopkeepers any longer myself, but I'm thinking for future players.

6. I set up my base right in the middle of town, without owning a house. - I feel like the guards and townsfolks shouldn't be too happy about a hobo-nonpig building a crockpot and science machine in the middle of their street (to use the lamp lights). I loved it, but it seems wrong somehow. - I get that you get a space around your home when you own it to build stuff there, and on the edges of town, and in empty space that aren't streets would seem ok-ish... but in the middle of the road!? Its a walkway, pathway, road!? The guards should hammer it down, and if I attack them they attack me, so...

Archived