Kiting boss sleep?

truepurple

So you got a boar etc being kited around and some other foes somewhere else. Does it ever make sense to lure the kited boss through a life patch to put it to sleep so the kite can heal? Or does that simple ruin the whole kite setup too much, too regularly? Is there a way to recover kitting after? Does one need to have kite on their own life patch and no one else using it?

How do you get healing to a kite? Or do you simply must give them regen helm and before it drops just hope they do a flawless job avoiding attacks?

It absolutely makes sense to put the monster into a sleep field sometimes. It's mostly up to the healer to see if the kite needs healing and run up there to do it. It's rarely necessary with a good kiter, though; as long as the team manages to kill all the monsters before the boarilla starts rolling over him too much.

Since Lucy tossing always grabs aggro, it's not too hard to get aggro back.

Most of the time you'll notice that while a boarilla is being kited, the rest of the team is almost never in critical need of healing (>60% team HP). Which means it is perfectly fine, and smart, to throw heals on the runner or their path than letting them risk a death. If I'm healer I always keep an eye on my runner and if they're low, I put heals on their path so they don't have to worry about the fear/shyness/pride/awkwardness of asking : - ) Whether the life patch needs to be exclusive to the runner, or shared with the rest of the team, all depends on the situation and how well the team understands what's going on.

If I need healing as a runner, my personal method is to straight up lead the boarilla into the heal. The boarilla sleeps- I heal. I've noticed most players automatically realize what's going on and continue to ignore the boarilla. In the past I would say in chat, "coming in for heals, dont panic." Because some players would panic or start attacking the boarilla. But then I stopped saying that because if I'm woodie runner and someone does attack it, I can easily grab aggro back with lucy and lead him away. If everyone successfully ignores the boarilla, I keep healing and right before the boarilla is about to wake up, I chuck lucy at him and lead him away. Recovering is very easy as woodie, unless you're inexperienced at aiming lucy. Once I was lagging sporadically as a runner so I had to repeat this strategy about 4 times. But the team made no fuss at all about it, there was no chaos, and it ended up being an easy win. I absolutely admire intuitive and improvised plays, which means I have mad respect for a runner who admits they needed healing, or runs in for some, than one who believes they absolutely must stay away at all costs and kite the boarilla until their death

On 11.11.2018 at 8:31 PM, TheFacelessMane said:

In the past I would say in chat, "coming in for heals, dont panic." 

Ho-ho. I think if you are able to type 6 words simultaneously dodging the Boarilla, you don't even need healing, good sir

8 hours ago, biorival said:

Ho-ho. I think if you are able to type 6 words simultaneously dodging the Boarilla, you don't even need healing, good sir

You do know that, barring lag, dodging Boarilla is as easy as running in a straight line with the speed hat, right? :) Click to X point far away, type while you get there. Simple

14 hours ago, TheFacelessMane said:

Click to X point far away, type while you get there. Simple

Yes, you are right. But still, not many decoys in a situation when they are in critical condition will be self-confident enough to start writing messages. Impressive for me.

I think whether you need to go to healing pool as a runner depends on two things: your teammates experience and your boarilla'z health

Secenario 1: you are suspecting some of your teammates are green and your Donkey Kong is NOT rolling. In this case your sleeping monkey will probably be bombarded by meteor, shoked by feeling-mighty tank or shot by trigger happy hunter. And if damage was sufficient, it will start rolling and you will be loosing health much faster. So don't go to the healing pool

Scenario 2: teammates green & boarilla already rolling. Well, what's done is done. Teammates will not have enough time to make situation more dire... probably. There is always a small probability of mixing boarillaz up, boarilla rolling into a crowd of healing poor souls or jumping on your traveling healer. But what is life without a gamble, hm? So go heal

Scenario 3: teammates are experienced & whether boarilla is rolling - not important. As being said before by others, teammates will understand your intentions and will not hurt your Harambe. Feel free to heal yourself

Archived