Infinite Money Bug (worked only once)

Dalek

Yesterday a funny thing occurred - when night came while I was in academy, old pig fell asleep, and when I stole all the ten-oinks, he woke up and replaced them with new ones, that I was able to still too. After the whole night of abusing this bug, I got a hella bunch of money, that I then spent of hella bunch of useful stuff in the City. Unfortunately, today the game crashed when I tried to open that world, and it crashed all the time, so I had to delete it and start a new game. However, in a new world this bugs refuses to happen - Professor never sleeps and I have no chance to steal anything. Can someone explain how to make the bug work again?

Also, very strange things happen in this place, today I gave the guy a Relic fragment, and when I came out of the Academy, I found myself in a middle of a nowhere - literally and figuratively. I was teleportated outside the map, and there was a stand with a Relic on it, that i could "retrieve". I did it 3 times, getting 2 idols, 2 totems and 1 fragment, than I had to set speed on 100 via console to get back on the map. Unfortunately I forgot to make some screenshots, but I can post screenshot of my map with my way from that strange Indiana Jones reference to the edge of the world.

bZGiQWtptnw.jpg

Just now, Null1314 said:

Mayor kept restocking defense contracts for me to steal however many i wanted at ANY time after the bug started. I explained what just happened in my own post, sounds like a similar bug with the restocking feature.

It works with mayor, but I don't need these contracts, I need MONEY! I think I just randomly got lucky, cuz I tried many variants with stealing-coming back etc.

2 minutes ago, Dalek said:

It works with mayor, but I don't need these contracts, I need MONEY! I think I just randomly got lucky, cuz I tried many variants with stealing-coming back etc.

Well regardless its obviously a game breaking exploit which has gotta be fixed

Just now, Null1314 said:

Well regardless its obviously a game breaking exploit which has gotta be fixed

I don't think it should, it's so marvelous to feel rich, and still - a huge fortune does not make you invincible. 

1 minute ago, Dalek said:

I don't think it should, it's so marvelous to feel rich, and still - a huge fortune does not make you invincible. 

Thats not really how bugs/exploits work though... of course it's awesome to exploit something for advantages but just cause someone likes it doesn't mean it shouldn't be patched. And sure you aren't LITERALLY unkillable but getting as much money as you want means you can buy as much food/tools/contracts etc. that you want which should make you almost invincible if you aren't terrible at the game.

7 minutes ago, Null1314 said:

Thats not really how bugs/exploits work though... of course it's awesome to exploit something for advantages but just cause someone likes it doesn't mean it shouldn't be patched. And sure you aren't LITERALLY unkillable but getting as much money as you want means you can buy as much food/tools/contracts etc. that you want which should make you almost invincible if you aren't terrible at the game.

I don’t see why it matters, I mean if someone wanted to they could just spawn infinite money with no consequences. 

12 minutes ago, Drewey09 said:

I don’t see why it matters, I mean if someone wanted to they could just spawn infinite money with no consequences. 

Once again thats not the point, it's different than exploiting gameplay when you aren't actually supposed to be able to do it. Using console isn't gameplay it's literally just cheating, I can spawn in a crown/scepter if i wanted to. It doesn't mean it's ok for me to be able to cheese the boss fight as well by exploiting the boss in a way where it freezes the whole fight while Klei never fixes it. Sure go ahead and spawn whatever you want in console though, thats really interactive.

Archived