Reputation system for the Forge

Lepeightl

I've been following the discussion regarding the kick-button, and, to be honest, sometimes I also felt the need for one. But we all know that such a thing would get heavily abused. It would, at least, add as much toxicity as it removes.

What about some kind of a reputation system (similar to the forum): After a match, you can give your fellow players plus points - or not - depending on their overall behaviour, helpfulness, cooperativeness, fairness, etc.

This might simply be a better option because it's actually a rewarding, positive system, not a punishing, negative one.

Whether or not this system might somehow have an effect on a technical level, like a threshold on custom servers, bonus exp, etc. would be... another very interesting discussion. To hinder abuse, like trolls joining matches and giving each other plus points, everybody could only be allowed to give another player a plus point once, or only again after a certain amount of time has passed.

And even if this doesn't allow players to have more control over who joins a server and who does not: A low reputation score can still give people a little heads up that something might be fishy, so the negative surprise isn't that big. It would kinda give us an option to evaluate a player's compatibility on something else than just the level.

What do you think about this? Would love to hear your ideas and thoughts. :)

Don't sound bad for me

But i think you can do the same with levels

Habe you seen servers like "+50 only" maybe something like you said but with levels

2 hours ago, Lepeightl said:

And even if this doesn't allow players to have more control over who joins a server and who does not: A low reputation score can still give people a little heads up that something might be fishy, so the negative surprise isn't that big. It would kinda give us an option to evaluate a player's compatibility on something else than just the level.

This idea a lot more reasonable, and you actually said everything that I would want out of this system: once per day, recommendation goes into some positive category, maybe giving a little bonus in experience to awarded person (100-200 xp). Would be fun to get those recommendations after a good match and most certainly will boost the morale in general.

Recommendation is a quite flat unfunny word though. Maybe something like "Cardiacers" with an icon of an actual beating human heart. Or "Gentleman-coins" with an icon of a bronze coin representing Wilson tipping his top hat giving a grateful smile. Or "Hogstar oints" Wes making heart with his fingers. Or big iron thumbs up from Wx saying "GOOD MINION". Or... ok I'll stop.

Frustrated people would want to blow off their steam somehow though. And it will not affect circling ideas about punishing. Nevertheless I like this concept.

I like this idea a lot, however I don't think your every day casual player can be counted upon to put in the effort to rate others. After a match, it'd be cool to give a kudos or something but  I don't necessarily want to be compelled to do that every single game. Plus, even with the stigma of having a poor reputation or very little kudos or something, how can people avoid those players? 

Archived