Will DST ever get released on gog?

Now that gog.com has the gog galaxy game launcher and friends list to run multiplayer games like No Man's Sky, and such, the functionality is equivalent to steam's; does this mean that DST will eventually get a release to work on gog? 

you mean like the trading cards and such that steam has? no not that, but if was an in-game thing, I bet it would support it, based on who plays it.

I really dislike that Klei seems to be ignoring gog, though originally they were putting their games on both gog and steam, games like oxygen not included could totally run on gog but klei isn't releasing them on the service anymore.

51 minutes ago, Soapstone said:

you mean like the trading cards and such that steam has? no not that, but if was an in-game thing, I bet it would support it, based on who plays it.

I really dislike that Klei seems to be ignoring gog, though originally they were putting their games on both gog and steam, games like oxygen not included could totally run on gog but klei isn't releasing them on the service anymore.

Why do you dislike that? I mean, they're already working with Steam, and have plenty of complications doing that. I don't see why they would want to have to work out a new system to join gog.

9 hours ago, Soapstone said:

The trading cards don't have any impact on the game. I was talking more about skins. DST uses Steam APIs for the skin system. So without it there wouldn't be any trading at all. And we all know how terrible the drop system is on it's own.

My point is that the GoG Galaxy launcher would need to have similar APIs to fill the gap. And if it's not possible to get both versions of the game to work together because of the different APIs, it will end up just splitting the player base on the same platform. Imagine that you and your friend both own DST on the pc, one on GoG and one on Steam. One of you would have to buy the game again (and lose access to their skin collection) to play with the other. And that's not really a pleasant situation to be in.

Archived