Do some sandbox worlds lack the plains biome?

sheik

As far as I can tell I think I've explored the full world and I can't find any plains areas, is this a bug or part of the random design? Can I get manure from anywhere else other than beefalo herds?

I can understand worlds not having say, ponds, but my impression is that farming is quite important early on and it doesn't seem possible to do without manure?

There are also a crazy amount of bees making travel across the world really difficult, and hardly any rocks or boulders, so making firepits isn't easy.

In summary then, I'm finding this game (about my sixth) really difficult and not as much fun as my previous ones.

I saw in another thread a speculation that the devs are going to add settings for the random world generation, which sounds promising if it's true.

/\dam

- - - Updated - - -

Ack, meant to post this to General Discussion, sorry.

/\

I started a sandbox world today and I found several plains biomes. Sounds like you just got a bad world, maybe try jumping worlds using the teleporter. Also, you can get manure from Pigmen by feeding them vegies, berries or flower petals.EDIT:

Hmm, random world generation could be the guilty for no plains. You can get manure by either feeding pigs with berries or wait till things are rotten enough.

Ninja'd, except for the rotten food part. Rot can only be used as fertilizer, you can't use it to make farms. Edited by Equil

Thanks for this. I've avoided the wormholes as I personally don't like the idea of skipping to a new world. I like having a randomly generated landmass and trying to survive in it.I didn't realise I could get manure from pigmen, thanks for this. It still sounds harder than just wandering amongst beefalo though!Hopefully the devs will add the concept of "core biomes" which we can choose when playing sandbox. That would satisfy all play styles then./\dam

I have this problem as well, only every 4 world or so have beefaloes on them.And beefaloes are my favorite animal in the game and i live with them, and playing without the beefalo hat is not as fun.Klei increase plain and beefalo spawn rate please.

Thanks for this. I've avoided the wormholes as I personally don't like the idea of skipping to a new world. I like having a randomly generated landmass and trying to survive in it.

Uh.. just to verify, if you mean wormholes as in the mouth-like ones you find on the ground, those don't take you to a new world, they're basically two way short-cuts to random locations in your current world(However sapping your sanity a bit when you use them). You have to assemble the "Teleportato" by finding various parts in your world and build it to transition to the next world.

Uh.. just to verify, if you mean wormholes as in the mouth-like ones you find on the ground, those don't take you to a new world, they're basically two way short-cuts to random locations in your current world(However sapping your sanity a bit when you use them). You have to assemble the "Teleportato" by finding various parts in your world and build it to transition to the next world.

Uh... does that work in sandbox?

Uh... does that work in sandbox?

I'm fairly sure you can still build the portal in sandbox, just the next world won't be any more "difficult" than the last, so there's not much reason to do it unless you've starved yourself of rocks or something.

Thank you for telling me this! I've been thinking they took me to a new world so have avoided them since my first game, doh!