"Optimus Pine" left me alone!

So, I was chopping some wood down, then suddenly optimus pine started moving towards me... Not knowing what to do, I planted all the pine cones I had, and it stopped...

I wonder something; he started attacking after I was finished chopping down the tree. Every time you attack, you accumulate "tree murderer" points maybe? And maybe planting cones reduces this point, towards opposite end "tree hugger"? I'm saying this because usually they start attacking right after you touch a tree. And won't stop easily. On this game of mine, I planted many, MANY trees... Just wondering

Every time you attack, you accumulate "tree murderer" points maybe? And maybe planting cones reduces this point, towards opposite end "tree hugger"?

I usually plant pine cones, but only to provoke controlled fires so I can get charcoal and forget about maintaining fires for a couple of days. I'm not exactly what you would call a "tree hugger" :D so I wouldn't count on a global variable keeping track on the deforestation, although it could be a fun thing to have.

The more trees you cut/burn, the more likely it is for Optimus Pine to appear.

I did this only twice. The first time, planting 1 pine cone was enough. The second one I had to plant 4 pine cones.

Perhaps it has to do with the size of the Optimus?

I had to plant 4 cones aswell. He goes back to sleeping after planting 4 cones... been testing it, guess my treeguard wants me to plant 4 cones when it is angry.

Tomorrow, I'll grab 2 stacks of cones, and see if there is a point system or not. Maybe there is, maybe there isn't, but as I've said, the treeguard that I've found didn't attack me as Soon as I started chopping, it started attacking after a while. On my other tries, after planting 4 cones each time (to make him "neutral" again), it only took one axe swing to wake him up again. We will see :)