Gassy Moo

21 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

You will need to make a Gas Grass farm to feed Gassy Moos

Gas Grass only grow in surface sunlight (lamps and shine bugs aren't bright enough) and you will need to irrigate it with liquid chlorine 

good luck

Ok thats a little bit troublesome but is it worth it?

Just now, Oni Noob said:

Gassy Moos emit natural gas

I don't know the rates so I'm not sure if it's worth it, I'm going to try it in sandbox and post my results

13 minutes ago, InternetGuy said:

Can you wrangle them though? I have never gotten to that point sadly.

You can move them from the rocket to the critter drop-off

But they can't be wrangled so chose your drop-off wisely 

7 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

You can move them from the rocket to the critter drop-off

But they can't be wrangled so chose your drop-off wisely 

I see. So that's how it is. Thanks.

Edit: I was planning to go for the gassy moo route for lategame since I spawned in a map with a ridiculous amount of chlorine vents. I found like 4 or 5 now.

49 minutes ago, InternetGuy said:

I see. So that's how it is. Thanks.

Edit: I was planning to go for the gassy moo route for lategame since I spawned in a map with a ridiculous amount of chlorine vents. I found like 4 or 5 now.

don't need much chlorine, each plant only use 83mg/s

59 minutes ago, Oni Noob said:

Well I have done the math and each Gassy Moo emits natural gas at 500% consumed rate

They consume 2Kg of Gas grass per cycle

That's about 50% growth rate of gas grass which take about 4 days to grow (in full sunlight)

With meteor showers and night cycles it takes about 3-4 gas grass to support 1 Moo. (about 3g/s liquid chlorine)

Moo produces 10Kg NG per cycle (16.6g/s NG average)

(compare that to fertilizer synthesizers that produce 10g/s NG)

So you will need 6 Moos to support 1 NG generator (you can only fit 6 in one ranch before overcrowding)

It's up to you if it's worth it

4 hours ago, Neotuck said:
5 hours ago, Oni Noob said:

Well I have done the math and each Gassy Moo emits natural gas at 500% consumed rate

They consume 2Kg of Gas grass per cycle

That's about 50% growth rate of gas grass which take about 4 days to grow (in full sunlight)

With meteor showers and night cycles it takes about 3-4 gas grass to support 1 Moo. (about 3g/s liquid chlorine)

Moo produces 10Kg NG per cycle (16.6g/s NG average)

(compare that to fertilizer synthesizers that produce 10g/s NG)

So you will need 6 Moos to support 1 NG generator (you can only fit 6 in one ranch before overcrowding)

It's up to you if it's worth it

The only way I can see that being worth it is if your cooling system to achieve that rate of 3 g/s liquid Chlorine costs less power to run than the NatGas Gen will produce.

Just now, PhailRaptor said:

The only way I can see that being worth it is if your cooling system to achieve that rate of 3 g/s liquid Chlorine costs less power to run than the NatGas Gen will produce.

Oh well for me its not worth it atm, I got 4 natgas vent. I got more than enough to support my colony

6 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

if he's gathering bio from space missions he most likely has enough wheeze wart seeds to cool the chlorine without much power

8 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

if he's gathering bio from space missions he most likely has enough wheeze wart seeds to cool the chlorine without much power

Yup cooling chlorine is quite easy to cool once you got the wheezewort supply from space but if you dont have chlorine vent, this might be hard to rely on.

1 minute ago, Oni Noob said:

Yup cooling chlorine is quite easy to cool once you got the wheezewort supply from space but if you dont have chlorine vent, this might be hard to rely on.

yes if you don't have a vent then don't bother with moos

Archived