Making the ocean claim things

Is there anyway you can make the ocean take items that get bounced out on it? This would include npc/mobs please. So many times have I had a hammer in hand and went to check my chest only to smack it and watch the items spill out all over the floor and out in the ocean. Got a real good beach camp going and this is what I get to look at every day.

Posted Image

Anyway to put in a drown or sink? Items make a splash and poof? npcs/mobs drown animation? Heck make them go under the 2d tides and put a splash sound effect into it. Anything to make the item/thing go away please. Or make the fishing rod able to grab items.

Dunno if this has been suggested but it's just a simple request. Make the ocean claim things.

Edit- I've read mob drops vanish if on or near water. But this is from me hitting that chest with hammer and the items pop out. They don't vanish as you can see in screenshot. I've had that group of items in water since day 15.

Edited by xlockeed

It used to claim items that were close to the shore, thank god it does that no more. I lost innumerable pieces of gold to ocean *shakes fist*PLEASE don't go back to it, it was frustrating rather than fun.Instead make items fall in direction of the land maybe, so they don't fall onto water, that's just silly.

It used to claim items that were close to the shore, thank god it does that no more. I lost innumerable pieces of gold to ocean *shakes fist*PLEASE don't go back to it, it was frustrating rather than fun.Instead make items fall in direction of the land maybe, so they don't fall onto water, that's just silly.

I'd rather have it grab items "Too close" to the edge, rather than having a graphical glitch that highlights the issue (Which sounds more like a problem with how they implemented the idea, rather than the idea itself).That said, an invisible wall is the easiest/most comfortable gameplay option (And we all know that convenience>realism+depth).