(10 kg/sec) Super sour gas boiler prototype

16 minutes ago, Zarquan said:

I meant to say cool down.

What I am saying is if this wasn't in the game, then if you put a gold pump in an area with 120C steam to vacuum the area, then eventually the pump would only be pumping tiny packets.  These tiny packets cool down much faster than larger packets and could break even insulated pipes.  That would be quite annoying, so they made it so small packets can't change state in pipes.  And I think they will probably try to find a better solution. 

But this is just a guess as to why this is in the game.

A fair guess however if the insulated pipe has zero conductivity then the steam wouldn't have cooled down even with small packets

Ether way unless I hear the devs say it's a bug then I'll treat it the same way I treat the fixed temp output of the sieve and assume it's a feature of the game

6 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

A fair guess however if the insulated pipe has zero conductivity then the steam wouldn't have cooled down even with small packets

True, but that would only apply to abyssalite, or now insulator in the preview.  Before space industry, I regularly made insulated gas pipes out of the less conductive materials.  Insulated abyssalite pipes were expensive.

Archived