Growing Civilizations.

So I made my home in the middle of a decent pig settlement where the pig king lay. After walling out the town and planting some crops I got the idea of building more pig houses in a attempt to advance their civilization. I think it would be really cool if there was a civilization or race in the game that cultivated land and advanced their village into a town and into a city. Each town has its own leader and each its own personality. Just an idea but I think it could be really cool.

I support OP's proposal!As it stands right now, the organized groups in the game are relatively random, they don't strive to accomplish much, they don't work the land and they aren't really concerned with starvation. Even the small pigmen settlements are organized, but they don't even pick their goddamn berries!Anyway, it would be amazing.

I think that goes against the point of Don't Starve in two ways.1) It's counter to the concept of having to survive. Suddenly you have potential buddies or NPCs doing work for you that you can just nab from.2) It's counter to the 'genre' of gameplay. This isn't a quirky simulation game.

I think that goes against the point of Don't Starve in two ways.1) It's counter to the concept of having to survive. Suddenly you have potential buddies or NPCs doing work for you that you can just nab from.2) It's counter to the 'genre' of gameplay. This isn't a quirky simulation game.

Assuming the civs would have intelligence to where they would become hostile with you if you just took their goods.