Autocompiler - Unable to find python!

Hello!

I am very new to modding the game, so as suggested I started by editing an existing mod.
My goal was to exchange the existing art, which by reading up tutorials worked out fine so far.

Now I got stuck converting a very simple animation from a spriter project (.scml file) to the required .zip file.

As stated in several tutorials there is an "autocompiler" that will run and convert my project when the game is started. However there seems to be a problem with that.

When the game starts or the autocompiler is run manually the following errors pop up:

Spoiler

autocompiler_output.thumb.png.d4b336261e4d91299dafa2fcf017acd0.png

The first few errors seem to appear because of the ' in the folder structure... But since this is done by Steam, I suppose that other players and modders for whom the autocompiler works will have the same situation.

When I run the scml.exe manually only the "Unable to find python!" error occurs, which seems to be the culprit for my problem:

Spoiler

scml_output.thumb.png.b9ea51e536a6c82e433bacff2899b3f0.png

Even though I thought this to be a weird idea, I installed python for Windows and setup the PATH variable to recognize 'py' as well as 'python' as commands. That didn't help.

I'm currently out of ideas about how to proceed...
Did anyone else have this problem?
Neither Google nor a forum search resulted in anything useful.

System-Info:

Spoiler
  • Windows 10, 64-bit
  • DST and DST Mod Tools are installed via Steam
  • SteamLibrary on separate HDD ("I:\")

I'm greatful for any suggestions!
Thanks, bLind

EDIT 1:

I just tried this on my laptop, which runs the same OS and has the SteamLibrary on an external HDD.

The autocompiler exectued without errors. I don't know why...
I will update this post if I figure it out, maybe it can help someone else.

EDIT 2:

The autocompiler on my latptop created a .zip file, which contains the .png files that I started to work with in Spriter and two xml files.
When I try to run the mod, the modded structure is invisible.

All mods that I have installed have .tex and .bin files in their animations. So I guess it did not quite work properly after all!?

Edited by bLind17

On 03/10/2018 at 10:31 AM, bLind17 said:

The autocompiler on my latptop created a .zip file, which contains the .png files that I started to work with in Spriter and two xml files.
When I try to run the mod, the modded structure is invisible.

All mods that I have installed have .tex and .bin files in their animations. So I guess it did not quite work properly after all!?

Where did the .zip file was created ? Because compiler usually create two .zip file, one in the exported folder, containing .xml and .png files, and one in the anim folder, containing anim.bin, atlas-0.tex and build.bin.

On 4.10.2018 at 11:45 PM, Lumina said:

Where did the .zip file was created ? Because compiler usually create two .zip file, one in the exported folder, containing .xml and .png files, and one in the anim folder, containing anim.bin, atlas-0.tex and build.bin.

Hi Lumina!

Thank you for the tip. There was actually a second archive in the anim folder containing the .tex and .bin files.
Sadly the structure is still invisible when I use the correct .zip.

40 minutes ago, bLind17 said:

There was actually a second archive in the anim folder containing the .tex and .bin files.
Sadly the structure is still invisible when I use the correct .zip.

Ok. If your archive in the anim folder looks fine, it's possible that the problem is in the code itself. Could you attach your mod here ? I will try to look at it.

17 hours ago, Lumina said:

Could you attach your mod here ? I will try to look at it.

Thank you for this kind offer :)
I sent you a pn with a download link since I didn't code the mod myself. Even if anyone can get there hands on it, I don't want to post it anywhere just like that.

Feel free however to paste parts of the code for the sake of explanation.

If I learn enough, maybe I'll write a tutorial explaining everything I think is missing in the existing materials for total beginners.