"Default" priority

Would this be helpful?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be helpful if there was a "default priority" setting that can be changed by the player?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care really

Hey,

Just wanted to start with, loving the game (I've also got DST :) )! I am interested to see what you guys come out with next!

There is one thing that I was hoping that you guys could add - a player designated "default" priority. I have noticed that a lot of people set most of their stuff to 5 and increase from there based on priority, that all fine and dandy but to be that is a bit wasteful as you are missing out on priorities 1 - 4 more often than not.

I have started setting most things to 3 and changing the priority from there (1 and 2 to stuff i don't want done right now and 5+ based on urgency). The issue is that every time i load in, the game changes all newly designated actions to 5 (the game's default action priority). Yes i know that when building and designating actions (e.g dig) you can change the priority before the command is given however I was hoping that I would of found a way to reduce it in the settings but i couldn't..

Is there anyway that would guys could add in the settings a "default" priority option so that I don't have to constantly change the priority to 3 every time i want to give the command?

Thanks!

Zar - yeah that's the same with me, base 3, low or do later either 1 or 2. I did too notice that the building priority would stay the same but not the actions.

Sas - that's a good one too! never thought about that. It would have to be on commands only but, interactions with buildings would have to be excluded from that though, or else everything you set would eventually be 1.

On 10/3/2018 at 5:25 AM, Sasza22 said:

I just want a button that lowers all priorities on everything by 1. It would help with the priority creep happeneing inmy games.

On a similar note, I just want hotkeys for setting priorities. Pressing "1" and ending up with the base build tab does nothing for me, it should set the current build item to priority 1 instead.

Archived