Hounds less interested in eating, more interested in killing you.

It doesn't make sense to me that killer hounds come to attack you and eat your face off, only to be SO easily deterred by food on the ground. What typically happens is that after I kill the first hound and its monster meat drops, the next hound comes and starts nomming, allowing me to easily conk it over the head before it even realizes I'm there. And so on for the rest of the mob.I'm looking into houndbrain.lua to see if I can successfully switch around the priorities of their actions. Or I might just break everything. We shall see.

Mate, It's it's in 'Hound.lua'On the 54th line, there is a phrase "inst.components.eater.strongstomach = true"You change the 'true to false'.You could change it and post the files, BUT i will be releasing a mod which does that + a lot more things on monday, ot tuesday LASTEST (GMT)So you could post it, but it would be (kind of) a waste of a thread.......

Mate, It's it's in 'Hound.lua'On the 54th line, there is a phrase "inst.components.eater.strongstomach = true"You change the 'true to false'.You could change it and post the files, BUT i will be releasing a mod which does that + a lot more things on monday, ot tuesday LASTEST (GMT)So you could post it, but it would be (kind of) a waste of a thread.......

Thanks! Yeah, I have no idea what I'm doing but having fun tweaking things and seeing if my game breaks or if I actually achieve the desired results.No worries, not going to steal your thunder on your mod or -- gods forbid -- waste a thread! But I will make that change in my own hound.lua file! Cheers.

Going to ***** myself out here real quick, this is a feature in my half-done mod. The part that makes that happen is donehttp://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?9276-WiP-The-Horrific-Scarcity-Mod-w-Krampus-Fix-(Half-Done-Scarcity-WIP)

Oh man, I just read your full feature list -- this sounds intense! That might be a bit much for me, at present I'm just looking for small a la carte tweaks that I can adjust to gradually, rather than making things SO hard I definitely fail. lol. But still, good luck getting it all finished!At least I know I'm not the only one who was bothered by the hounds' ADHD munchies. :p