How to make an automated storage request?

I want to make a dupe request a resource from a closed off storage area. So far I can send stuff on a loader but dupes won't take stuff from receptacle nor do they use it to request resources, i have no automation on the conveyor system tho but receptacle is set to manual use

Edit: There's some granite inside because I checked some resources on the loaders on the bottom to test but dupes won't take the resource out of it if they need it

5b9edc9c91b38_SemTtulo.thumb.png.d9a9f772c5073065403b510959ec6be3.png

You can check "Manual usage" on receptacles to allow duplicants usage, but afaik there's no way to make a smart warehouse where you order what you need.

Edit: ok you used the option already, best bet is to lower the receptacle's priority compared to your compactors so your dupes will move the granite. You can't really predict where your dupes are going to take material for building stuff, especially lately.

Unfortunately, Conveyors don't work that way.  But you can get close to what you want, just in a round-about way that will be subject to shortages.

For every resource that will enter your closed system warehouse, you must have a dedicated exit path for that resource.  Separate Conveyor, separate Loaders, everything.  These will go to a bank of Receptacles, one for each resource, which will be resupplied by the Conveyors.  The more challenging part is sorting out the resources to make this system work.  You need to use quite the network of Storages and Sweeper Arms, with quite the intricate combination of Priorities, in order to sort resources properly from the general intake section of the warehouse to the specific exit area for that resource.

The problem with this is that intricate combination of Priorities and Storage permissions.  Your input sources will almost certainly be mixed contents, and in varying amounts depending on where you are currently excavating.  This must be sorted appropriately, so that the proper resources are moved in the proper directions.  But whether it's through Loaders or Compactors, you'll run into the scenario where any units with multiple allowed resources in them will become full of one resource, with no room for the other.  Depending on where it is, this can create supply issues, where you do have a resource in your warehouse, but it's blocked from reaching it's exit Loader by other resources.

I was playing around with the idea of dumping everything into a room.  no containers in there.
The only thing in the room are loaders to receivers so I have a receiver for each of the common things my guy needs.

And a few extra receiver that is for manual selected items. that feeds back into the pit room if I don't use it. 
(this is just for those small quantity items that are on demand. rarely used)

I have this setup for my food storage (and granary)  room and it works pretty well.

Below is an idea for the unlimited storage of items. (door and ladders are only there for fixing stuff or the initial construction. but after it setup you can lock the door.)

storage.jpg

Archived