Shrooms or Sage hatches as slime-based food source

So title pretty much sums it up, where do you recommend my slime should go towards? Mantaining my current mushroom farm, that comfortably feeds a 16 and growing dupe colony, or ramping up the breeding of sage hatches, and use that slime to feed them instead? Shrooms are easy to care for, and only a couple of my dupes ain't satisfied with their diet, but aren't stressing out. Should I stick to shrooms or start breeding sages?

Just now, Daikataro said:

So title pretty much sums it up, where do you recommend my slime should go towards? Mantaining my current mushroom farm, that comfortably feeds a 16 and growing dupe colony, or ramping up the breeding of sage hatches, and use that slime to feed them instead? Shrooms are easy to care for, and only a couple of my dupes ain't satisfied with their diet, but aren't stressing out. Should I stick to shrooms or start breeding sages?

Definetly shrooms. I'm on cycle 1400+ and main source are shrooms. Easy with morbs + puft farm

2 hours ago, Man in the Mist said:

Also, if you find yourself with a surplus of mushrooms you can feed those to the sage hatches for meat.  They won't give you much coal but that's not what most people use them for.

Well yeah, my goal however is to get as much final output, with as short a path as possible, so I'm not really interested into turning slime into shrooms, to then feed the shrooms to sages and get eggs, when I can feed sages slime and get eggs. Wanted to know which ones took more dupe manpower, and how better a deal I would get.

Also, Wiki says Sages poop out eggs once every 4 cycles roughly, and mature and reproduce twice as fast as their counterparts, can anyone confirm?

Archived