How to prevent the regolith flooding

Hy to all.

Today when i play on the edge of the asteroid I see this:

It seem that if you build bunker tiles or bunker doors on the edge of the void area, anything solid after the second row in the void area vanish (regolith, iron, etc, except the dig pieces). Building a barrier of bunker tiles in the beginning, and after you dig and use all the regolith on the void surface you can accept more. In this way you can improve your game performance in the late game.

image.thumb.png.ae16bd468b4f098bc06ba1cac02c9599.png

Under i enable in an old save sandbox mode and spawn lost of rock comet on the pocket area to test my theory. See yourself the results.

.image.thumb.png.0c885624b4e719cf91dc9bfc1ae3dae6.png

After beginning the great save your asteroid project i completed it (big wall of regolith no more input) I dig all the regolith on the surface and i have to melt 8624 tones, and use it. The wall was done by cycle 300 (i was hoping before 500) using fossils and egg shell from the pockets of pacu fish. No pacu farm used, no tamed creature used, only wild ones.

It can be done faster if you accept more dupes but i play whit only 8 pacifist this time.

From me i say god job klei for rebalancing the lime production.

image.thumb.png.58671296f6b83be0292678362eff35a6.png

Playing on the edge i discover a new bug. Is teleport time from the right to the left edge of the asteroid. A nice bug. I enjoy it.

image.thumb.png.c62c9f13ee4855f88e542c351d686b6f.png

3 hours ago, tzionut said:

Playing on the edge i discover a new bug. Is teleport time from the right to the left edge of the asteroid. A nice bug. I enjoy it.

I`m not sure if it`s a bug. Someone posted earlier that a dupe can jump form one side of the map to another back in the cosmic update.

I think it is related to of the fact that there isn't anything past the 2 tile above the buildable area.  There isn't anything out there, so the game can't put regolith out there.  For example, if you have a ranch exposed to only the top of the map, you only get 512 tiles worth of space before your critters get overcrowded.

Archived