Heating the CO2 for a molten slickster farm?

You can build around cool water vent, since they have the right tenperature. Meteors are too hot and too far. Near magma will be what I like the most.

but honestly, I disencourage ranching slickers, they consume CO2 fast, soon they will get starved if you have a bunch of them. I suggest you just pump CO2 to magma and let them convert crude oil there, and never need to worry about starvation as well as save your dupes time.

Yea, I did some calculations, and it turns out, if I ballpark that my coal gens and my nat gas gens are active around 50% of the time, plus what 12 dupes who mostly have diver's lungs exhale (so it comes down to 10.25 "normal" dupes exhaling... tho it's so small it barely makes a difference), I can sustain a tiny farm of between 4 and 5 slicksters.

Or rather, my calculations said 4, but I've noticed that both the gas pressure in the slickster room and in my main CO2 storage room is slowly increasing, so I upped it to 5 for the time being.

Archived