Is there an optimal room or near optimal design for harnessing a cool steam vent?

10 minutes ago, jfc said:

Can you show the pipe system here? I'm trying to use PO from a slush geyser too for this

It's really simple. Just make sure the pipes coming from your slush geyser are made of insulated abyssalite or you'll lose a fair amount of cold when the water is stationary.

Spoiler

5b9585ba9e78d_Geysercooling.thumb.jpg.e3373eaf33a270b49641a888536aa7ae.jpg5b9586b0cdf9f_Geysercooling2.thumb.jpg.970ab0f35d5610186697725b0a29ced2.jpg

Just now, Djoums said:

It's really simple. Just make sure the pipes coming from your slush geyser are made of insulated abyssalite or you'll lose a fair amount of cold when the water is stationary.

Hide contents

5b9585ba9e78d_Geysercooling.thumb.jpg.e3373eaf33a270b49641a888536aa7ae.jpg

Thanks for the info. Also which materials did you use for pipes? I'm looking at iron 'cause i have a lot but i feel like i should use tungsten

1 minute ago, jfc said:

Thanks for the info. Also which materials did you use for pipes? I'm looking at iron 'cause i have a lot but i feel like i should use tungsten

Afaik tungsten, copper and gold all have the same thermal conductivity when used for radiant liquid pipes. Iron is a little worse but the difference doesn't really matter here because you don't need a super fast thermal transfer.

Archived