Trapping birds

Something which has been happening within my world at the moment, which I thought was a glitch is interesting. If its on purpose then I really like it, if its just a glitch on my world then it might be worth putting this in on purpose.I set up one home base, and when I got round to wanting bird feathers I noticed that only red birds existed. I was never seeing any black ones. I thought it was a pain and a glitch. But then I went off exploring the other end of the island, and found that it just spawned black birds.. I like the idea of the different colors living in different regions of the island, and rarely mingling.

I think the biome fits one bird type better than the other. Grassy green lands seem to have more redbirds. Swaps seem to have only crows. (If you punch a bird that is in flight, it falls down and rolls onto the ground letting you pick it up :D)

Excuse me, but how do you punch a bird?Really though, I have noticed myself seeing more of one bird type as opposed to the other. I'm not sure if the biomes are the only reason though? I have seen a fair amount of redbirds by the forest region and the fields. Think I've seen crows mostly by the rocky terrain, swamps, and the savannah. If this is true, that is interesting and certainly a well done addition.But also makes making the bird attracting hat a bit trickier to go about.

Well first you have to get really angry at the bird. Be all like, "Hey bird! I saw you eyeing my seeds! Those are MY seeds! You stay away!". Then get angry, because it ignored you, and punch it. I hope that helps. :p

I try to, but instead I just cut or stab them.

When....when will punching things be possible???

Grasslands = red birds.Woodlands (Forests) = red birds + crowsMarshlands (Swamp) = crowsRocklands = red birds + crowsWastelands (No turf) = red birds + crowsSavanna (Plains) = red birds + crowsI think that's it, at least from what I remember.