Hide ghost when too close [Suggestion]

Often, when I am trying to set a new PB and racing my own ghost, it runs at roughly the same time as I do. This sometimes gets annoying if it's just a bit ahead of me, and I can't see anything in front of me. That's why I suggest that the ghost is hidden if it's, say, 2 meters away from you, or something like that.

• Developer

There is a fade out, however it's when your camera gets really close to the ghost. I'm wondering if that's broken or maybe we need to increase the fade out distance. Would you be able to post a screenshot of what it looks like when you get close to a ghost?

the fade out you speak of is to prevent camera occlusion, what the players are requesting is a fade out set to proximity to their avatar, as the ghost tends to mask part of the course, its blocking view of the path.  ::Fair warning:: I have not played hot lava I am making blind assumptions based on other games that let you race your ghost.

Archived