Batteries with different input/output outlet

Edit:  I have a strong feeling that this has been suggested before and i just failed to use the search system, or is It (is) possible using the transformers and i am just sleeping under a rock.

Spoiler

Give batteries or just the Smart Battery different input and output sockets.

Input: for recharging the battery.

Output: for providing electricity.

Either we have the option to toggle the battery between it current-version with one socket, or this version. or make is so if the battery input and output cables are connected to the same network then it will automatically act as the current battery version. 

Advantage:

1. Split power grid: connect your network to a battery, then connect that battery to two different batteries, it will split excess power.
  2. Merge power grid:  connect each of the networks with a battery, then connect those 2 batteries together with a third one. those 2 batteries will charge a single battery in a different network.
  3. Energy Priority: if batteries are chained one after the other, and each use different output, the first battery will always receiver energy and will not feed the next energy with power unless its exceeded.
  4. Distribute power: similar to spliting, but using batteries after the power generator immediately, that way they feed each battery equally with energy, unless one of them if off, or full. (1 battery 100%, 2 battery 50% each, 3 batteries 33% each and so on)
  5.  Expensive power transformer: yeah i can see how people could use those as a power transformer.

Disadvantage:

The same as the current batteries. 

1. more batteries for excess power = more lost energy over time.
  2. if not planed carefully chained batteries at the end of the network can end up being starved forever (similar to gass and water system currently).

8 hours ago, NGMZero said:

Expensive power transformer: yeah i can see how people could use those as a power transformer.

What you purpose there is prtetty much how the transformers work in the game currently. They have an input and output allowing you to split power grids as well as a charge level allowing them to work as a battery. Althrough i never tired connecting the input and output of the transformer but it might just change it into an overpriced battery if it works.

So you reinvented the ONI transformer. Gratz. :D

1 hour ago, Sasza22 said:

What you purpose there is prtetty much how the transformers work in the game currently. They have an input and output allowing you to split power grids as well as a charge level allowing them to work as a battery. Althrough i never tired connecting the input and output of the transformer but it might just change it into an overpriced battery if it works.

So you reinvented the ONI transformer. Gratz. :D

believe it or not, thanks to this post this is the 1st time I understand the transformers. I've been using them as a power valve  only splitting. you are right, they are a battery with 1 KJ and 4 KJ capacity, I always thought that was the output max capacity (which is true but not for the reason i thought off). this change a lot.

Archived