Sweep Arm don't work

I am trying to make the second automatic fishpond to work. the bottom one works perfect the upper the sweep arm don't want to move the egg from the conveyor receptacle to the conveyor loader. I am using the drop automation and the priorities is ok, is in rage, it have power, the automation is ok, I have checked the all critters egg for the receptacle, etc...Any ideas why isn't working? Is the same design from the bottom. I even lowered the automatic door who will block the receptacle to be sure the sweeper arm have full range.

image.thumb.png.a9cb7fc51574919bb21ea2e5c3fd3543.pngimage.thumb.png.5bcd7f52e927b7636e159763455729c4.pngimage.thumb.png.c114e3c12a8b2f8aa4322ad375188114.png

image.thumb.png.e42b15892d2642596a48a10a465f3094.png

image.thumb.png.2509177488740cc8da56f91928d59e44.png

image.thumb.png.f1e6edfb32a9f3287a0599f5b86d3d9f.png

image.png

Nothing glaringly obvious stands out, have you tried doing a save/load ?

Sometimes automation can be a little buggy in terms of states it's built in.

**Edit : could be the automation behind the receptacle, that looks like it might be a little broken to me**

Problem solved. It needed one conveyor bridges. Is seem if the receptacle and the loader is in the range of the same sweep arm, if the conveyor rail is uninterrupted  the arm don't work. If you separate  the loader from receptacle whit one bridges it will sweep the egg.

image.thumb.png.5f7c9dcfcaedf1fce774fb77e4ee6b5d.png

I can confirm the arm is buggy.    I've had a case where the fish feeder and the container RIGHT next to each other side by side. by 1 tile empty space.   and it just simply won't load the feeder.  I double checked the coverage, nothing blocks it. the highlighted box covers the area. priorities are set correctly.   So I decided to deconstruct the arm and rotate it.    exact same coverage and then it worked.   The vertical placement worked over the horizontal placement.  No idea why.   nothing is blocking them.

I told you what to do. Separate the loader from the receiver whit a bridge and it will work. I saw the sweeper work again when i deconstruct the receiver, and drop the egg. Re-projecting my automatic fish farm teach me many things, until now i didn't, use the toggle circuit. This is happen only when the loader and the receiver is in the same range of the sweeper. Even if you change the priorities it wown't work until you separate the rail.

1 hour ago, tzionut said:

I told you what to do. Separate the loader from the receiver whit a bridge and it will work. I saw the sweeper work again when i deconstruct the receiver, and drop the egg. Re-projecting my automatic fish farm teach me many things, until now i didn't, use the toggle circuit. This is happen only when the loader and the receiver is in the same range of the sweeper. Even if you change the priorities it wown't work until you separate the rail.

the bug is unrelated probably to your situation.   my bug is related to moving storage container to the fish feeder.

I was merely commenting on the arm in general not working based on orientation bug.

2 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

I can confirm the arm is buggy.    I've had a case where the fish feeder and the container RIGHT next to each other side by side. by 1 tile empty space.   and it just simply won't load the feeder.  I double checked the coverage, nothing blocks it. the highlighted box covers the area. priorities are set correctly.   So I decided to deconstruct the arm and rotate it.    exact same coverage and then it worked.   The vertical placement worked over the horizontal placement.  No idea why.   nothing is blocking them.

Did you by chance try a save/reload first?  I've definitely seen sweepers get stuck not working, but never seen what you're describing...

18 hours ago, AzeTheGreat said:

Did you by chance try a save/reload first?  I've definitely seen sweepers get stuck not working, but never seen what you're describing...

No. I just deconstructed it and remade it in vertical position.  I suppose reloading 'might have fixed the bug. 

Archived