A variety of suggestions from my latest play-through.

"Invalid construction location" should take into account the tiles you are planning, not just those present.

Gasses and liquids in lists should be in order of density, so there's an easy place in game to see that order.

The notices in the top left should have fat icons next to them so that you can see at a glance what they are, rather than reading a textbook.The icons should all be distinct.

The job screen should allow for drag-and-drop as well as pull-down menus.

Instead of merely flipping within its 2x3 shape, the small transformer also shifts 1 space when rotated with "O".

Jukebox placement is confusing - what shape is it and which tiles is it fitting into?

I'd like graphs of everything. It would be great if I could get a graph of the change in temperature of a tile of water over time, or the calorie intake per day of a dupe, or the calorie use per day... my point is, if there were a well-crafted feature to customize my own graphs of every bit of data available, I'd use the heck out of that feature.

Getting dupes to toggle valves sometimes requires disabling all other options.

Geysers should say what percentage of the research has been done on them. This is important for the times when there's junk lying in front of the bar, or when your dupe isn't currently working the geyser.

It would be nice to set the maximum temperature of stored materials, even if it's done via automation. If this is currently possible, sorry, but I'm not aware of it.

Buildings you didn’t create should not inform you of them overheating (referring specifically to the security door in the biome where crude oil resides). The same applies for the message for the entombed buildings in space.

It would be convenient to be able to flip the oil refinery and smart battery.

There should be an icon indicating if an incapacitated duplicant is being assisted.

It would be nice to be able to move and pin informational windows.

The edge of the map restricts vision, somewhat, especially with UI elements up. It would be nice if extra layers of non-mineable minerals were there to allow for greater view control.

I know I’m not the only person who has no idea how to get duplicants to use the apothecary. It would be convenient to allow for assigning specific duplicants to operatable buildings, much like beds and toilets. Maybe you’ve already got a better solution in the works for this sort of stuff.

Tooltip info about different types of objects could have a different hue or outline, making it easier to find the one you’re looking for when many objects are in the same tile.

I don’t understand what was wrong, but my duplicants wouldn’t make exo-suits, even with all of the dupes highly prioritizing operating. After dozens of cycles, I finally restarted the game and reset priorities to default. They cleaned up the base a bit, and then started making exo-suits.

Assigning and wearing outfits is very confusing… I’ve got nothing else to say about this - I just don’t understand how it works at all.

If it doesn’t become the default, there ought to at least be an option for duplicants to always attempt to return their exo suit to the location that they picked it up, rather than just wandering around with it on or entering through a separate exo-suit station.

The schedule clock tooltip (when the schedule changes) says “Savegame1” for some reason.

The color of the schedule button should indicate the current activity in some way, instead of just being grey. Perhaps the activity that the most dupes are doing, or the activity of the default schedule, or the last activity to have a notification - though this last one would remove the possibility of turning off notifications while still seeing what activity is going on.

Duplicants occasionally move back and forth, as if they’re resetting their pathing down different paths, or changing the task they’re trying to accomplish over and over.

It’s unclear why duplicants need to repeatedly get medical attention when they’ve become sick. Is it on a timer, or is it something that triggers the need? If there’s a reason, it would be nice if it were indicated.
Thanks for all you do!

12 hours ago, SquarelyCircle said:

Setting the toggle priority on all dupes to very high fixes that for me.

If it doesn’t become the default, there ought to at least be an option for duplicants to always attempt to return their exo suit to the location that they picked it up, rather than just wandering around with it on or entering through a separate exo-suit station.

Dupes wearing exo suits should have only one way to get back to base and it`s through the exo checkpoint. If there are more entrances they will end walking in exos in your base unless you make another checkpoint in the other entrance and leave a few docks empty.

Duplicants occasionally move back and forth, as if they’re resetting their pathing down different paths, or changing the task they’re trying to accomplish over and over.

It`s an old bug when they have 2 paths to wherever they are going and both are the same length. They just can`t decide which way to go. Currently only fix is to build a base in a way there`s only one path.

17 hours ago, SquarelyCircle said:

"Invalid construction location" should take into account the tiles you are planning, not just those present.

Gasses and liquids in lists should be in order of density, so there's an easy place in game to see that order.

The notices in the top left should have fat icons next to them so that you can see at a glance what they are, rather than reading a textbook.The icons should all be distinct.

The job screen should allow for drag-and-drop as well as pull-down menus.

Instead of merely flipping within its 2x3 shape, the small transformer also shifts 1 space when rotated with "O".

Jukebox placement is confusing - what shape is it and which tiles is it fitting into?

I'd like graphs of everything. It would be great if I could get a graph of the change in temperature of a tile of water over time, or the calorie intake per day of a dupe, or the calorie use per day... my point is, if there were a well-crafted feature to customize my own graphs of every bit of data available, I'd use the heck out of that feature.

Geysers should say what percentage of the research has been done on them. This is important for the times when there's junk lying in front of the bar, or when your dupe isn't currently working the geyser.

It would be nice to set the maximum temperature of stored materials, even if it's done via automation. If this is currently possible, sorry, but I'm not aware of it.

Buildings you didn’t create should not inform you of them overheating (referring specifically to the security door in the biome where crude oil resides). The same applies for the message for the entombed buildings in space.

It would be convenient to be able to flip the oil refinery and smart battery.

There should be an icon indicating if an incapacitated duplicant is being assisted.

It would be nice to be able to move and pin informational windows.

The edge of the map restricts vision, somewhat, especially with UI elements up. It would be nice if extra layers of non-mineable minerals were there to allow for greater view control.

I know I’m not the only person who has no idea how to get duplicants to use the apothecary. It would be convenient to allow for assigning specific duplicants to operatable buildings, much like beds and toilets. Maybe you’ve already got a better solution in the works for this sort of stuff.

Tooltip info about different types of objects could have a different hue or outline, making it easier to find the one you’re looking for when many objects are in the same tile.

I don’t understand what was wrong, but my duplicants wouldn’t make exo-suits, even with all of the dupes highly prioritizing operating. After dozens of cycles, I finally restarted the game and reset priorities to default. They cleaned up the base a bit, and then started making exo-suits.

Assigning and wearing outfits is very confusing… I’ve got nothing else to say about this - I just don’t understand how it works at all.

The schedule clock tooltip (when the schedule changes) says “Savegame1” for some reason.

The color of the schedule button should indicate the current activity in some way, instead of just being grey. Perhaps the activity that the most dupes are doing, or the activity of the default schedule, or the last activity to have a notification - though this last one would remove the possibility of turning off notifications while still seeing what activity is going on.

It’s unclear why duplicants need to repeatedly get medical attention when they’ve become sick. Is it on a timer, or is it something that triggers the need? If there’s a reason, it would be nice if it were indicated.
Thanks for all you do!

+1 Graphs yes, all the informations. This game sorely lacks feedback.

Research percentages

Storage temps also excellent.

Less restrictive UI elements desperately needed.

Using the tooltips dynamics to pass along info, also great.

Archived