I had a memorable stint the other day as Maxwell on a server. It was Lights Out and we weren't doing so well. I decided to retreat underground as I was getting nowhere above. In the caves I did some exploring, was next to a blue mushtree biome and some bunnymen. Also nearby was an area with grass, saplings, a few trees and spiders. Realizing my health and hunger were somewhat low I headed over to get some blue mushrooms and eventually restored myself. Sitting there, watching chat as the others slowly perished, I thought "Hmm, with my sanity buff and all these mushrooms... I think I could stay down here." So it was settled. I gathered twigs, grass and a few logs for fires as well as about 15 blue mushrooms. I cooked some, having remembered they restored sanity, to balance out the sanity I'd lost from the raw mushrooms. This continued for a few game days, eating an exclusive and I'm sure totally healthy diet of blue mushrooms coupled with gathering materials from the nearby foresty type area. By this point only myself and one other guy were still alive (I think there were 4 of us total) and I felt pretty confident. Deciding to maybe try resurrecting somebody I went over to kill some spiders. Unfortunately all I got was monster meat and silk. As there were only 2 tier 1 dens I figured I'd go back and wait for more to spawn. Here is where I screwed up, as in my rush I had forgotten about the fact that bunnymen attack you if you have meat. As soon as I passed within range I was swarmed and promptly massacred by the furious cave mammals. A few minutes later and the world was no more.

"MEAT!" "UNCLEAN!" "MURDERER!" "MONSTER!" "REVENGE!"

Always mind the Bunnymen. Always.

I had my first cave death in the single player version of Don't Starve by accidentally picking up a monster meat from the spiders my Bunnymen allies had just wiped out for me... Excuse me? You guys just slaughtered those spiders unprovoked. You were the ones who attacked first and eliminated them on sight. Now you're going to turn on me for wanting to not let their monster meat go to waste? Really?

... And this is why I will always laugh when a Bunnyman perishes. Rabbits I feel bad for when they die. Bunnymen? They'll receive no sympathy from me.

10 hours ago, Extant said:

"MEAT!" "UNCLEAN!" "MURDERER!" "MONSTER!" "REVENGE!"

Always mind the Bunnymen. Always.

I had my first cave death in the single player version of Don't Starve by accidentally picking up a monster meat from the spiders my Bunnymen allies had just wiped out for me... Excuse me? You guys just slaughtered those spiders unprovoked. You were the ones who attacked first and eliminated them on sight. Now you're going to turn on me for wanting to not let their monster meat go to waste? Really?

... And this is why I will always laugh when a Bunnyman perishes. Rabbits I feel bad for when they die. Bunnymen? They'll receive no sympathy from me.

I'm with you on your last statement. Bunnymen can be so hypocritical. Pigs are way cooler, cause they don't abandon you even if you are carrying around a bunch of pig skin and meat from their slain brethren.

Archived