unreachable deconstruct

Earlier in the game I managed, somehow(?), to build that valve in the corner, above the desk. However, I soon realized that I can't possibly reach its upper position to place a pipe, since there are lockers + a desk and everything is surrounded by obsidian mosaic tiles. I ordered deconstruction, but it seems the valve is unreachable(shown in the tip when i select a prisoner and hover over the valve.

I just tried selecting another prisoner that wears an atmo suit - same result - unreachable. And this valve has been sitting there for many cycles(probably 50), so I guess they really can't reach it.

But if they can't reach it now, how did they reach it earlier? I also just tried deconstructing the wall above the corner and sending a few of them there ... nothing.

Any ideas if it can be done? I've seen sometimes tiles form when a material changes state, e.g. lava cooling and forming rocks, but I don't intend to do that on this place.

image.thumb.png.29b8afc77436af4674b48ab635d5d688.png

imo that is the worst aetn ruins to get because there is no way to isolate the aetn from that room thermally without using debug or updating to the EU

the best advice I could offer is to maybe make some water into ice? one layer would be enough to reach the ceiling

As long as it's an AETN and it's not on the other side of the map, I'll take it.

But doesn't ice appear as a resource chunk instead of a block ? I mean I have constantly water dripping from melting ice around and it turns to ice chunks(not blocks, but little balls of ice that I can pick up directly), because there is also polluted water sometimes that is colder. So I'd assume water => ice resource and not ice block.

Otherwise I plan to just use a hatch as isolation, it might leak some heat/cold, but I don't care much - it's not like 1° matters that much - the aetn will still suck the heat if hydrogen is compressed enough.

33 minutes ago, martosss said:

Otherwise I plan to just use a hatch as isolation, it might leak some heat/cold, but I don't care much - it's not like 1° matters that much - the aetn will still suck the heat if hydrogen is compressed enough.

You'll have to insulate the whole thing, and fill the whole thing with Hydrogen.

Pros:

-> huge thermal inertia, since you will have filled a pretty substantial area with a Hydrogen which has a very large thermal capacity

Cons:

-> gonna take forever to construct due to large area

-> large area, probably going to obstruct other construction, if maintenance required it's gonna be a nightmare

water can form as a solid block if you use more than 150kg/tile(I don't know the exact value, it seems to be changable depending on circumstances.  At any rate if you simply fill the floor with enough water to slop over a 1 tile divider then freeze it you will have a floor capable of walking on to finish your construction.

14 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

You'll have to insulate the whole thing, and fill the whole thing with Hydrogen.

Pros:

-> huge thermal inertia, since you will have filled a pretty substantial area with a Hydrogen which has a very large thermal capacity

Cons:

-> gonna take forever to construct due to large area

-> large area, probably going to obstruct other construction, if maintenance required it's gonna be a nightmare

I'd really like to cool some water with it, although I'm not sure if that's worth it. I guess I should make petrolium and do a proper cooling circuit(oil well is a bit below the AETN).

Hydrogen supply is already on the way (high pressure vent in construction on the right). Those glossy dreckos definitely help with plastic :) I'm struggling with the farms, though ... proper temperature for bristles ... water is heating up ... now I'm waiting for 20t of ice to melt - I hope that will help.

As for isolation, I'd actually want to cool my generators on the right, so isolation won't be necessary - the more heat it can swallow - the better.

I'll try using the rest of the area around it as generator room(metal refinery, oil and so on), so who needs isolation - just feed it heat. I was wondering if I can submerge it under water partially, but I'm scared it'll flood, so I think I'll skip that for now.

Anyways, thanks for the ice tip, I didn't know it "builds up". The strange thing is that you can have ice as resource and have tons of it in 1 place(e.g. I have a pool of 40° water and 20t of ice at -4° just chilling inside), but it doesn't make an ice block unless you freeze water ...  annoying!

Archived