Excuse Me Oasis?

Its the middle of summer at the oasis. All is going well until it starts raining. Immediately after, the oasis dries up and the sandstorm vanishes. Me and my friend checked the antlion and it was gone too. After the rain ended things went back to normal moments after. Now personally I have never had this type of thing happen to me, so I'm unsure if this is a glitch or not! If anyone knows what happened here, let me know!

20180719_201958.jpg

As far as my knowledge goes, the oasis/sandstorm cannot exist while it is raining. This is why it normally takes some time for the oasis to open at the start of summer as the rain usually carries over from spring to summer. I've also heard that the oasis cannot open up while there are puddles leftover from the rain on the ground and that all the water must evaporate first.

Hearing about the Antlion re-spawning after the rain is a new 1 on me though. I'll have to check that out some time to see if that's the case across all platforms or just a PS4 exclusive bug.

Also, just as a warning, you might want to have an ice flingomatic or 2 to protect the main areas of your surface summer base in case this happens again. While wildfires cannot occur when the sandstorm is up nor while it is raining, it's the period after the rain stops that smoldering might have a chance to show its ugly face around. Better safe than sorry.

I hope this sheds some light as to why this situation happens!

13 hours ago, Ryanthewolf9461 said:

Its the middle of summer at the oasis. All is going well until it starts raining. Immediately after, the oasis dries up and the sandstorm vanishes. Me and my friend checked the antlion and it was gone too. After the rain ended things went back to normal moments after. Now personally I have never had this type of thing happen to me, so I'm unsure if this is a glitch or not! If anyone knows what happened here, let me know!

20180719_201958.jpg

Yea it was kind of strange when that happened to us. After the rain stopped it took a couple of minutes until the sandstorm came back, the lake refilled and antlion respawned. Also the succulents regenerated too. Hopefully it didn't reset the summer cycle because I don't want 20 more days of summer.

1 hour ago, Starman7408 said:

Hopefully it didn't reset the summer cycle

I meant cycle as in the events that occur in summer. Like the samdstorm.

Also the antlion was angry but after he respawned he was fine. So clearly it is just the desert having a reboot or something! 

• Developer

@Extant's explanation is correct, rain "resets" the oasis and sandstorm. The antlion should also be reset but only if he hasn't been killed. It sounds like there are potentially two bugs: the summertime rain and the antlion respawning if killed. I'll bring it up with the team and they'll look into it when they're able.

3 hours ago, CharlesB said:

@Extant's explanation is correct, rain "resets" the oasis and sandstorm. The antlion should also be reset but only if he hasn't been killed. It sounds like there are potentially two bugs: the summertime rain and the antlion respawning if killed. I'll bring it up with the team and they'll look into it when they're able.

Cool!

Archived