Centos 6 install issues, libcurl-gnutls

Hey all..  I have a dedicated server running just fine on an Ubuntu machine.  I'm here today because ideally I'd rather have it running on my linux game server box (also here at my house), which is a rack server running Centos 6.  Centos 6, for those who don't know, apparently does not support libcurl 2.14+, it caps (for unknown reasons to me) at 2.12.

I have followed several guides in an attempt to

a) get a dedi. server up on it (by a few people who say are running it on Centos6)

b) get libcurl and the related libcurl-gnutl installed at version 2.14 (see below)

all to no avail.

Here is a (small) list of the guides I've tried:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=590565473

https://linuxgsm.com/lgsm/dstserver/

Also followed this guide to attempt to install the newer version alongside the old one - While the install works, the start script for DST still does not. (same exact error about

./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer: : error while loading shared librarieserror while loading shared libraries: : libcurl-gnutls.so.4libcurl-gnutls.so.4: : cannot open shared object filecannot open shared object file: : No such file or directoryNo such file or directory

There were of course, some outdated guides as well that I looked at, hoping that maybe someone would have covered my circumstance.  I'm trapped on Centos 6 (if you're curious why not upgrade to 7, which wouldn't have this problem) because my server hardware had it's support discontinued for who-knows-what reason, they don't cover my hardware raid controller which all my drives are attached to (PERC/4i).  While I don't mind running on the Ubuntu box it's currently on, the Ubuntu machine is a workstation/desktop PC that's not intended to be on all the time nor hosting game servers :)  If anyone could help out, especially if you've been through the same situation, please help :)

Thanks as always!

MTXRooster

On 7/31/2018 at 5:02 AM, cezarica said:

have you seen this topic?

Yeah, I did..  When I try it, it simply tells me there's no such file or directory (doesn't like the /usr/libln)

[42256@localhost .klei]$ cd /usr/libln -s libcurl.so.4 libcurl-gnutls.so.4
-bash: cd: /usr/libln: No such file or directory
[42256@localhost .klei]$

Or as I like to say, to my surprise when I looked in the /usr folder, I was unable to locate a folder/file called libln.  In fact, there are three folder options, lib, lib64, and libexec.  No libln. (after running yum install libcurl.i686 as stated and watching it successfully install of course).  Any ideas?

Archived