CentOS (RedHat) libcurl-gnutls workaround

Hey all, so I've been playing with working on getting Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server working on CentOS, and I hit a roadblock in trying to get libcurl-gnutls installed.  I kept getting this error:

./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl-gnutls.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I managed to get it working by ensuring that I had the 32-bit version of libcurl installed (yum install libcurl.i686) and then just linking libcurl-gnutls.so.4 to it:

cd /usr/libln -s libcurl.so.4 libcurl-gnutls.so.4

To my surprise, that seems to work fine.

To Mark or one of the devs, are you certain that TLS specifically is required for Don't Starve Together?  If not, could this dependency be changed to libcurl instead of libcurl-gnutls?

In the meantime, I'll keep playing around with it to see if I can come up with a better solution than that.  (But it might be a while; I'm also working at my day job...)

Hi Tony,

I also had this problem, fixed in about 5 minutes with the symlink.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I am pretty sure they need TLS. Basically cURL is for file transfering and TLS for encryption. They certainly need to exchange some important data between your dedicated server and maybe their master server for registering your server to the listing.

Maybe we could compile a version and add it in the lib32 folder on the server ?

• Developer

Binary is linked against that symbol. Don't know off the top of my head of a simple fix. We could distribute our own copy with the game, but now we gave you another copy of something you already had from your OS, and we have to keep that updated for all the heartbleeds and POODLEs and what not. :(

You don't need to make system level changes though, you could make your symlink somewhere more game-specific and use LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or just do it in the binary directory)

Am running CentOS 7, after trying above solution (including symlink) my server still will not load:

/DST/bin/dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer: /lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4: no version information available (required by /home/redbull/DST/bin/dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer)

Any ideas?

Archived