Maxposting

Polls time , get out you mouses / things you click on things here  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want ___ ?

• Gold Reward
    • Silver Reward
    • Bronze Reward
    • Participation Reward
    • I don't care , you are Ivo so I wouldn't rather care.
  2. 2. Would you be mad at someone for not getting you there?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on if he was a troll or newbie

I get it , You (propably) get it , but damn I have met some people ranting about me being [Swearing] because I didn't get them to bronze...

Sometimes you don't get what you want...

Spoiler

So you get it together and get it

... But be happy with what you have.

They are just bad people, if they want so badly to be at least on bronze they should treat other people nicely so they can keep training in a comfortable environment and get the best result possible with everyone happy. Even being a tournament and all it's still a game, so you should be having fun while trying to get a nice score.

4 minutes ago, MatheusR31 said:

They are just bad people, if they want so badly to be at least on bronze they should treat other people nicely so they can keep training in a comfortable environment and get the best result possible with everyone happy. Even being a tournament and all it's still a game, so you should be having fun while trying to get a nice score.

Exactly my sentiments. As a noob, I've been struggling, and I've met some down right rude arsed folks. Rude even when you do everything right, and that was pre-tournament. I've also met some really helpful ones too, so it evens out. I've just been trying to link even more new players than me to ChocolateMouse's guide on Steam.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1429765554

Helped me a lot in the beginning. It's just an aspect of the game that takes a lot of practice, and with the tournament out, people are feeling even more stressed. Which is sad, because a game shouldn't stress you that much. xD Unless it's fun stress, like when you're playing an MMO and die in a stupid way which becomes infuriatingly comical. 

Would you be mad at someone for not getting you there?

The only times I got the slightest bit annoyed / frustrated were the following scenarios:

1. The player was a newbie (they said so themselves, or they were a level 1), but refused to listen to instructions or what I was trying to tell them: (e.g. refusing to cut wood, refusing to plant seeds, buying things with coins without asking if it was the right thing to buy, wanting to cook because it was more fun than cutting wood/planting but didn't know any recipes, etc)
  2. The player was a troll (e.g. hoarding coins and refusing to drop them, afk-ing with no good reason/no response to others asking what happened)

Ik some people can be rude in the Gorge because they're uber competitive. Now I don't fall under that category but I've been hoping to get a bronze reward possibly.

Now I would call myself decent at the game I'm not a lightning fast expert but I know the drill and get it done. I've met people in the Gorge that I have a feeling will become some really fun peeps to play with both in the mode and out and have been doing tourney practice with them.

I really like an opportunity to teach a newbie because I find getting someone into a game to be so enjoyable until they don't cooperate however with the tournament going on everyone is a little aggressive towards the newbies because they either A: don't think they have the time to bother helping them or B: are assuming they won't listen or learn and think they will be a huge hindrance to them in the short term and long run.

Also I'm personally amazed that people would be mad at you for not getting them into the top 100 worldwide players... (I mean think about that this game is decently known and far from dead) Me and a few friends are trying to get up there and are slowly but surely making progress don't let em get you down because the rewards in the tournament require a much higher level of skill than it seems at first glance imo. 

At the end of the day give the crazies some grace but don't let em get to you we all should be here to have fun and that's what were gonna do! Getting upset over not being in the top 100 worldwide Gorge players is dumb because it's 100 people out of the thousands that play this game!

I'm trying my best to get somewhere in the Gorge, though it angers me the attitude some people have towards newbies. Many of them are competent and if you have the time can learn what to do fast. I played a round with my friend and a newbie, we taught him how gathering worked. By the next round he was more or less well tuned to what to do and didn't need further advice. A pity how competition can get people riled sometimes.

Archived