Queen bee solo 'maze' strat problems

I have recently been trying to solo the queen bee by use of the maze strategy display best in this video below, as webber if it matters.

Yes, i'm aware the fences have changed how much space they take up and this was taken into account when making my maze, which is very similar in size to the video.

Upon first glance, the bees don't zigzag like shown in the video but it still works. Then the problems start to arise, the grumble bees when first spawned will follow the path of the maze, then when finally getting out i will run into the fenced off hive area, closing the gate behind me but instead of reentering the maze, the bees just fly right over the gate.

I've been testing around with whats causing this, the distance the bees are from the gate compared to the maze entrance/exit point seems to make no difference, and the only thing conclusive ive found is that they will choose to fly over only the closed gate and never the fence, as if they see it as open.

Hopefully someone here will know what that variable is that's stopping them from reentering the maze from the outside, but all advice is welcomed; also any other easier strats that work would be great

thanks in advance for replies guys this has put my playthrough in a slump and really got me bummed :(

Not sure about this problem, but I've seen another strategy where you build walls from the Bee Queen hive to the edge of the map. Then you tank her while staying in the edge. When her minions are close, you use the space between the last wall and the edge to cross to the other side. Instead of following you or flying above the wall, they'll turn around and cross it from the other end. It's a good strategy, but I find it too expensive to tank her, so I suggest having a small army of bunnymen with helmets.

Here's the video, with no Bunnymen, but using Wolfgang. Fight starts at 23:47.

thanks for your replies guys,

tried again this morning with no luck just can't seem to get the grumbles to ever do what I want.

I'm beginning to question if this strategy is even possible anymore, has anyone done this strat since the fences were updated? if so does anyone have a gameplay?

Archived