The Gorge Dropping Connection Quality?

watermelen671

1 minute ago, Extant said:

The Gorge has had server issues since early on. I don't think it's a problem on your end but rather theirs.

Hopefully it acts well enough to be playable for you.

Grr...I guess we should've had more time to stress test it like in The Forge.

Just now, watermelen671 said:

Grr...I guess we should've had more time to stress test it like in The Forge.

Aw. I wasn't around when The Forge was released, but from what I saw on YouTube, it looked very fun.

Sometimes I have issues starting up a server and get stuck on determining region, but it usually clears up after 5 or so minutes.

Just now, Extant said:

Aw. I wasn't around when The Forge was released, but from what I saw on YouTube, it looked very fun.

Sometimes I have issues starting up a server and get stuck on determining region, but it usually clears up after 5 or so minutes.

When The Forge was in beta, it was our job to stretch the servers to it's absolute limit, and then stretch it some more. That's why you'd rarely see complaints about server issues over on The Forge page.

My issue is with the persistent rubberbanding, even with lag compensation turned off. And the absolute refusal on my character's side to do the actions I tell it to do. 

Just now, watermelen671 said:

When The Forge was in beta, it was our job to stretch the servers to it's absolute limit, and then stretch it some more. That's why you'd rarely see complaints about server issues over on The Forge page.

My issue is with the persistent rubberbanding, even with lag compensation turned off. And the absolute refusal on my character's side to do the actions I tell it to do. 

Ah, yeah, it's definitely the servers' faults then. I ran into those issues as well a few times even when I was solo and hosting my own server.

They have attempted to remedy this problem a few times already, but I guess at peak traffic times, it'll be an issue still.

Archived