This Has Been Getting On My Nerves. Event Stats not working.

Cawub

The reason this isnt on the bugs section is because there has not been a lot of attention there (I posted this bug weeks ago with no response) and this might just be a client problem for me, also I really would like to get this sorted out before the event closes. This is not going on Gorge either because this wasnt just with the Gorge Stats, this was also with the Forge stats too. So the problem is that when I try going to the Gorge Recipes Tab on the forums it gives me a page that has the background and the "stat titles" but all the info is not there, such as "Discovered Recipes 0/70" recently they added buttons but for me they also do nothing. Im not even able to see the teams. I've been asking for help a couple of times but to no success. Here's what I tried doing to see the stats:

- Clear/refresh Cookies/Cache

- Use a different browser

- Check if Java is enabled: It is.

- Hell, I tried looking on my iPhone logged into my forums account but it didn't show anything either, so, Is this an account problem???

I really don't know if I can fix this or not. I'm getting really desperate and I really want to see what it really looks like >.<

This is what I see upon loading the Gorge Recipes Page. I hope you guys can help and if not then thanks for trying  :)

ripmylife.png

@ZomBKiller I can't be certain what's going wrong on your end, but I honestly don't think this is an account issue. Since anyone can still open the Gorge Recipes Page without an account logged in (using incognito mode and copy pasting url, recipe looks fine still on my end). What browsers have you used so far?

iPhone has Safari, and what else Chrome I presume?

I'm sorry to read that you've been having issues accessing information on the recipe book page.

As Zillvr mentioned, I can't imagine the problem being account-related either. My best guess is either the browsers you used, some sort of app you have that may interfere with the scripts, or an issue with the settings or hardware of the system itself.

If you have access to another device that can connect to the web, try using private/incognito and just look at the recipe page (without logging into your account).

If this isn't an option for you, I'd suggest trying any other browsers that you haven't downloaded yet or try turning off some of the add-ons/apps 1 by 1.

In the mean-time, I uploaded some images of the leader board scores for 3/2/1 person teams if you're interested in seeing them. They're in a private album on my imgur account. Here's the link to the album.

DST Gorge Leader Board 7/3/2018 images

Edit #1

I'm not sure why the simplest solution didn't come to my mind earlier, but try accessing the recipe book without logging in to your account from your device.

That's the quickest way to determine if the problem is bound to your account or rather to your browser/system instead.

• Developer

Hi @ZomBKiller. That sounds like a weird issue. It seems that the page is not being able to make ajax http requests to our event stats server. That could be due to browser extensions (like adblock). It seems you can see the page and images, which means you can get the files we're storing on Amazon S3. So you should be able to see the Recipes and Archived Top Teams as well.

Could you go to the stats page again, open your browser's developer tools (on Chrome, just press F12, or right click anywhere on the page and select Inspect), then select the Console tab, and on the browser window's top left corner, right click the refresh button, and select Empty Cache and Hard Reload. Take a screenshot of the page including everything that showed on the Console panel and post it here if that's okay.

That should help figure out the problem. Thanks!

2 hours ago, ricardopinto said:

Hi @ZomBKiller. That sounds like a weird issue. It seems that the page is not being able to make ajax http requests to our event stats server. That could be due to browser extensions (like adblock). It seems you can see the page and images, which means you can get the files we're storing on Amazon S3. So you should be able to see the Recipes and Archived Top Teams as well.

Could you go to the stats page again, open your browser's developer tools (on Chrome, just press F12, or right click anywhere on the page and select Inspect), then select the Console tab, and on the browser window's top left corner, right click the refresh button, and select Empty Cache and Hard Reload. Take a screenshot of the page including everything that showed on the Console panel and post it here if that's okay.

That should help figure out the problem. Thanks!

Alright I got it. @ricardopinto

hope.png

13 hours ago, Extant said:

I'm sorry to read that you've been having issues accessing information on the recipe book page.

As Zillvr mentioned, I can't imagine the problem being account-related either. My best guess is either the browsers you used, some sort of app you have that may interfere with the scripts, or an issue with the settings or hardware of the system itself.

If you have access to another device that can connect to the web, try using private/incognito and just look at the recipe page (without logging into your account).

If this isn't an option for you, I'd suggest trying any other browsers that you haven't downloaded yet or try turning off some of the add-ons/apps 1 by 1.

In the mean-time, I uploaded some images of the leader board scores for 3/2/1 person teams if you're interested in seeing them. They're in a private album on my imgur account. Here's the link to the album.

DST Gorge Leader Board 7/3/2018 images

Edit #1

I'm not sure why the simplest solution didn't come to my mind earlier, but try accessing the recipe book without logging in to your account from your device.

That's the quickest way to determine if the problem is bound to your account or rather to your browser/system instead.

I used Google Chrome & Mozilla Fire Fox and yes, Safari on iPhone. I tried incognito but it didnt work. I'm pretty sure using incognito also counts as not logging in to my account. Thanks for the pictures though :)

11 minutes ago, ZomBKiller said:

Alright I got it. 

hope.png

I used Google Chrome & Mozilla Fire Fox and yes, Safari on iPhone. I tried incognito but it didnt work. I'm pretty sure using incognito also counts as not logging in to my account. Thanks for the pictures though :)

Aw, it looks like you got an expert on your case which is good. I'm sure it'll get figured out. Good luck!

• Developer

@ZomBKiller It seems your browser has some trouble validating the jQuery link's Subresource Integrity. That prevented our page from getting the jQuery library, so we couldn't execute any of the data requests to fill the recipe book or the leaderboards. I've changed the page to load jQuery from our Amazon S3 storage, so it shouldn't cause you any more issues. 

Do the Empty Cache and Hard Reload step again and it should work fine 

Just now, ricardopinto said:

@ZomBKiller It seems your browser has some trouble validating the jQuery link's Subresource Integrity. That prevented our page from getting the jQuery library, so we couldn't execute any of the data requests to fill the recipe book or the leaderboards. I've changed the page to load jQuery from our Amazon S3 storage, so it shouldn't cause you any more issues. 

Do the Empty Cache and Hard Reload step again and it should work fine 

Omg, thank you so much! It worked! :D 

Archived