Jump to content

My Suggestions


Recommended Posts

Hi, I'm H3P04 (that's Phosphate Acid for you chemistry buffs) and I'm new here.

 

I've only been a ONI player for 2 days, yet due to how addictive the game is, I seem to cannot let go of it, often playing till late at night. Due to my lack of experience, I play mostly Sandbox Mode to allow me to use "simulation manipulation" to aid the dupes in case something goes wrong.

 

I see some things that can be worked on:

-Gas Filter sometimes doesn't work as intended: e.g when I pump in a mixture of Hydrogen/Oxygen to the filter and set it to filter "oxygen" so it goes to the yellow output (leaving the hydrogen to be piped to the green), sometimes the oxygen seeps through to the green output, much to the consternation of my hydrogen generators as the oxygen damages them. Would be nice if this is fixed (assuming its not player error that causes it).

-There's no geysers in the "spawner" menu. 

-Spawner menu does not allow adjusting the growth percentage of plants spawned in or the age at which an adult critter is spawned. Same deal with egg incubation levels.

-Hydroelectric power. Kinda like a powerplant that needs pumped water (or submersion in liquid) to work

-New critters? We have super-adorable light-emitting shinebugs, uber-useful hatches and slicksters, something that produces chlorine or natural gas (since I can use the former for food preservation and the lattet for power generation) would be nice.

 

-Make farmhands able to use incubators and instruments normally exclusive to ranchers, albeit at a reduced efficiency. It is not fun to not be able to tame critters because the farmhand focuses less on his/her job and instead does something unrelated to farming, which slows down the mastery progression. I want those adorable shinebugs tamed, pronto!

 

-Electric-firedBoilers would be nice. No worries about steam anymore, just use water and power to make steam.

 

So yes, these are my 2 cents. Thanks and keep that oxygen flowing!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, H3PO4 said:

-Gas Filter sometimes doesn't work as intended: e.g when I pump in a mixture of Hydrogen/Oxygen to the filter and set it to filter "oxygen" so it goes to the yellow output (leaving the hydrogen to be piped to the green), sometimes the oxygen seeps through to the green output, much to the consternation of my hydrogen generators as the oxygen damages them. Would be nice if this is fixed (assuming its not player error that causes it).

Chances are you either have polluted oxygen or carbon dioxide getting funnelled to your generators. I would suggest switching the piping so that only hydrogen comes out of the yellow output, because your current design meant that only oxygen is separated whilst polluted oxygen etc are not.

11 hours ago, H3PO4 said:

-Hydroelectric power. Kinda like a powerplant that needs pumped water (or submersion in liquid) to work

-New critters? We have super-adorable light-emitting shinebugs, uber-useful hatches and slicksters, something that produces chlorine or natural gas (since I can use the former for food preservation and the lattet for power generation) would be nice.

-Electric-firedBoilers would be nice. No worries about steam anymore, just use water and power to make steam.

Hydroelectric would be nice, but balancing might be an issue, 240W of energy for a pump gives you how much energy in return etc.

We literally just had a mass of new critters, I wouldn't be opposed to more but I think until they add another biome in the asteroid we wont be seeing any more critters.

We have the tepedizer which IIRC can boil water using electricity, You can also use aquatuners for the same effect but consumes a lot more power and gives you a cooled liquid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@BlueLance: Problem is, there's no other gas in the mixture other than hydrogen and oxygen (the pump lies at the top of the room where electrolyzer-produced hydrogen usually congregates.

 

AFAIK the tepidizer does not work above a certain temperature. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, H3PO4 said:

@BlueLance: Problem is, there's no other gas in the mixture other than hydrogen and oxygen (the pump lies at the top of the room where electrolyzer-produced hydrogen usually congregates.

Could we see a picture of your setup?  Polluted oxygen is considered a different element from oxygen and it floats around the oxygen, so it is quite possible that your pump picks it up occasionally.  I would set the filter to hydrogen and pipe the middle output to the generator.  That way you don't have to worry about how many other gases there are in the room.

2 hours ago, H3PO4 said:

AFAIK the tepidizer does not work above a certain temperature. 

There is a trick where you can make the tepidizer think it is below the temperature when it isn't.  It's a bit of an exploit.  I personally would use the aquatuner, as it is far more likely to be intended.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Zarquan: Here's my setup (sandbox mode, I am not confident enough to try the standard mode):

image.thumb.png.66ee3ded46110f0a90796c77322b0760.png

Your suggestion did work after I took this image, however; hydrogen and only hydrogen started being pumped into the generator.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, BlueLance said:

Hydroelectric would be nice, but balancing might be an issue, 240W of energy for a pump gives you how much energy in return etc.

Hydroelectric would just need to be balanced so that the maximum mass that can be pumped provides less energy than pump uses to deliver the fluid. That way you can't get free power but you still use it to milk power from other sources like geysers and dripping sewage..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@H3PO4 Your problem (from what it looks like) is, that you connected the input, the filtered output and the output with a pipe.
There should be no connection between them. Also with this setup there is a chance you could suck up Co² which also damages your Hydrogen Generator. In this very setup it wouldn't cause any issues but with the setup you described at the top it would.

Hope I was able to help, just made an account for that :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Enno: Yeah, I figured that out shortly after I posted that picture lol.

 

I do have a different suggestion btw: Add the option to spawn things like geysers, volcanoes, and other world "doodads" in sandbox mode, cause we do not have them yet.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...