My Feedback to The Gorge

axxel

Hi there,

I recently reached Level 61 in The Gorge, I just stopped because there is nothing to do unless someone asks me to do a archiement. I player all characters (but Wigfrid) and all roles (cook, omost of the time). I got bored when I played with experienced players since the difficulty won't really scale up unless you aim for points, different gravings  won't add anything unless you are a beginner or you have a group consisting of newcomers.

The idea of the event is great. It's a good mixture of teamplay and DIY: you can complete the game with 1 player, but with 3 working together all can earn more EXP. Also, you aren't screwed if someone goes afk or disconnects because someone else can fill the role. Therefore I think it's better designed than The Forge, where 1 player could make a difference. However I think it can become too easy because the resources lies very close together.

The characters perk depends on the playthrough style: The cooks reduce cooking time and Wilson was good for beginners. Willow was only good in saving fuel which was unnecessary most of the time because the chopper produces abudant logs. I liked the whole "discover-more-recipe" and the characters say some distant hints. The discovering issue disappeared after the official cookbook was published.

The gatherer and the farmer can have the issue of having nothing to do and get idle unless syrup and salt get involved. The cook don't need that much wood and vegetables in the later stages. Most runs will use goat milk to get the favours unless someone gathered the berries at the beginning. The issue could have been solved if the forest and fields are more smaller or/and farther afield or the fields are overgrown with trees etc. Wigfrid was blessed with suck because most runs don't use (that much) big meat.

Big meat and crab meat meals are more tedious to cook and you only get red marks without silver dishes. I think the cravings should have been a little different, since most favour-giving dessert and pasta dishes are easy to cook. 

I really like the character design o the NPCs and the way they talk. I hope to see Mummsy and Billy again.

For the next event I wish a better balance between waiting and working if resource gathering comes back ( see my statement about farmer and gatherer).

Archived