Oh No....

I apologize if this has been posted before, or if the post looks a little weird. I'm still new to these forums.This update brought the ability to have more than one file, so I kept my playthrough from the 'Progress' update that I had started, and made a 2nd file. I played with all the new things, died a few times. Glorious things. And then I found the perfect world, world 3 on that file. I ended up dying to see if you could respawn in that world, and you could.But yesterday I went onto the first file to play in that world, continue it a bit, finish what I'd started. And for... some reason, the 2nd file, that perfect, beautiful world, vanished. It's 'Empty' and wants me to pick between sandbox or story, just like when I started, not the usual 'Retry' 'Delete' etc from before.So I was wondering if there's any way to recover a world that you didn't get rid of yourself? Like maybe the game still holds onto the file somewhere? Somewhere so that it's not just GONE.I heard that there was a hotfix... could it be because of that? Did it just fix it so that you can't continue from the worlds when you die?Edit : Oh, now its giving me a failed to load message. ;x

Edited by Mysiaca

Yep, this has happened to me too. I just now checked my Don't Starve, and they were all empty.I guess I learned my lesson: Make a backup every time I finish a playing session :PLuckily, I didn't lose too much (only about 30 days, or 4 hours of gameplay). I'm going to just hunt for the perfect world now, but I wish there was something like "seeds" (like in Minecraft) that I could use to completely replicate the original world, because I quite liked my old one, hehe.

How strange! In my previous post on this thread, I had said that my save file was deleted. I had tried enabling, and disabling steam cloud, but none of that worked. I log onto Don't Starve a few hours later to "catch up" again, and BAM! My save file! It has returned. Honestly, I have no idea what happened, but I'm glad I got my save back :biggrin-new: