Carrying over Recipes

Octaris

Hello my dearest DST friends,

I have a Problem with said recipes in dst the Gorge.

I played it on PC the last few days and had like 50 rec unlocked and today I wanted to play another round on my laptop (with the same account) but recipes didnt carry over to it. so i now have 0 unlocked and i have to start over new. Any ideas why this is?

Yours Octaris =)

Recipes, unlike achievements, are stored locally on your machine, so you have to unlock them again (unless someone knows a way to move them to another pc). You can also use the official cookbook for the time, I did it and even if it wasn't that comfortable as the in-game cookbook, it did the job.

I’ve noticed this amoung other issues with the cookbook in The Gorge such as recipe icons being black boxes or faded out. It’s seriously disappointing that despite all this data being stored server side Klei couldn’t could sync the recipe book. :roll:

I also play DST on my PC and my laptop, and I can confirm recipe book doesn't get synced on different devices, only stored locally.

There's a file called "recipebook" in Documents\DoNotStarveTogether\client_save, and I'd assume this file store all the recipes you've unlocked and you can try copying it over to ensure everything's properly synced. Would be nice if someone can try and confirm this.

This is quite a serious issue when there's an achievement for getting all recipes afterall.

On 6/19/2018 at 11:56 AM, Botspan said:

I also play DST on my PC and my laptop, and I can confirm recipe book doesn't get synced on different devices, only stored locally.

There's a file called "recipebook" in Documents\DoNotStarveTogether\client_save, and I'd assume this file store all the recipes you've unlocked and you can try copying it over to ensure everything's properly synced. Would be nice if someone can try and confirm this.

This is quite a serious issue when there's an achievement for getting all recipes afterall.

A friend of mine lost all her recipes when she moved to another PC. tried one solution by copying everything inside the session folder and the recipebook file... apparently it ends up like this... cant really say it's a success.. havent tried re-unlocking the recipes though....

qh2rpjtx.jpg

Archived