Teammates and harder achievements.

I understand that there was a big problem in the Forge, and there is still some problem in the Gorge where experienced players are shunning newer players. I know that this is an issue that needs to be addressed and fixed. However, I would like the ability to bar or at the very least dissuade new players from entering my game when I am going after some of the harder achievements (notably, No Silver Linings). I get that we can't just ignore new players, but if I want to be able to try and survive 5 dessert rounds, I want players who are more than competent, who understand their role and what they should be doing.

I have two proposals:

1. Option for me to make my server undiscoverable by players who have not won at least once, maybe impose harsher time restrictions or an exp penalty for games on that server

2. Make me able to flag my game as "for experienced players only", It wouldn't prevent players from joining but it would discourage those who are just starting out from joining

A method I've seen used is making a custom server with a password, labeling it LV20+, for experienced players or vice versa. It doesn't have to be an additional function and would become redundant since absolutely nobody would want a LV1 to join in their server regardless of what they're doing apart from letting a friend join.

The password can be simple question or problem left in the description. This way, novices can't just join in by accident due to the quick match, and if they do regardless, you have valid reason to chase them out - in my experience none have been thick-skinned enough to stay around when they're wasting time and the hosts won't start the match because of them.

Alternatively, just manually find a server with good ping and some good-level players, especially one that is aiming for the same goal, though those'll be little rare and you'll have to be quick to join. Or even better, like Wyvernal said if you have experienced Steam friends in the Gorge, just buddy up with them to get the achievement together. Everybody wins.

Archived