[Request/Assistance] Sleeping bag lasting more than 1 night

Flypaste

I want to make the sleeping bag last more than 1 night (preferably 4) and would like someone to help/tell me what functions to add and remove to do it, it kinda confused me due to how unique the sleeping bag's functions are.Also, please no generous people doing it for me, i want to learn how to do it myself to lower the amount of requests i make on the forums for help.

Yeah, the sleeping bag and tent work kinda weird. Take a look at the decay.lua in components, that's what makes items like the shovel work, with a percentage. If you could, theoretically, convert the sleeping bag into something that uses decay, you might be able to set it as multiple use.Hope this helped

For the sleeping bag, I think it would be better to make use of the finiteuses component, but then you'd probably have to make it so that they can't be stacked. I'm not entirely sure about the best way to do it with the tent as far as using existing components and keeping it simple go. Check out horn.lua for a decent example to go by. I haven't tried messing with modding much myself, I'm mostly just familiar with the code structure, so this advice should probably be taken with a grain of salt. It will take a little bit of lua/programming knowledge, but probably not very much.