Regarding porting Shipwrecked's water tile mechanics to DST.

NOTICE: I haven't read deeply into the forums, so I'm sorry if I'm asking something that's already been brought up (probably has).

Is there a reason why Shipwrecked's water hasn't been ported over with modding into DST yet? I've seen some attempt at it but it seams to have fallen through. If the games share a similar code shouldn't it be fairly straightforward to do it?

23 hours ago, Dr0Shadow said:

NOTICE: I haven't read deeply into the forums, so I'm sorry if I'm asking something that's already been brought up (probably has).

Is there a reason why Shipwrecked's water hasn't been ported over with modding into DST yet? I've seen some attempt at it but it seams to have fallen through. If the games share a similar code shouldn't it be fairly straightforward to do it?

The main difference between DS and DST is that DS is programmed for singleplayer and DST is programmed for multiplayer (which is more complicated in some areas). SW was built with singleplayer in mind so some things have to be reworked or rewritten entirely for it to work in DST. I'm just making assumptions here but I imagine the SW water mechanics are the hardest thing to port over because of this. (If it was easy, island adventures would've already been out by now)

Edited by DarkKingBoo