Building on Pneumatic Doors

I was wanting to automate my Algae Terrariums using the method we used to use for coal generators.  We built them on a door and opened the door to disable them.  I was hoping to do something similar with my terrariums, but I don't want it to block airflow.  Unfortunately, you can not put build on pneumatic doors, which is inconsistent with other doors.  Being able to build buildings on pneumatic doors would allow us to automate buildings without built in automation while acting like they are on airflow tiles while they are running, which would be a useful tool.

8 hours ago, Zarquan said:

I was wanting to automate my Algae Terrariums using the method we used to use for coal generators.  We built them on a door and opened the door to disable them.  I was hoping to do something similar with my terrariums, but I don't want it to block airflow.  Unfortunately, you can not put build on pneumatic doors, which is inconsistent with other doors.  Being able to build buildings on pneumatic doors would allow us to automate buildings without built in automation while acting like they are on airflow tiles while they are running, which would be a useful tool.

Build on tiles, deconstruct the tiles, build doors where the tiles were.

How about you build like this

AADAA

MMFMM

A..algae, D..deodoriser, MM..mechdoor, F..airflow tile

2Algae on top of a door with an airflow tile between them for airflow and a deodoriser between the algae to counter the funky smell

On 6/12/2018 at 6:27 AM, Yoma_Nosme said:

How about you build like this

AADAA

MMFMM

A..algae, D..deodoriser, MM..mechdoor, F..airflow tile

2Algae on top of a door with an airflow tile between them for airflow and a deodoriser between the algae to counter the funky smell

That still inhibits gas flow.  Just not completely.  I also put a lamp between my terrariums.

Archived