Character mod crashes game. Again.

So I thought I had finished updating my character mod, but apparently not D: I had finished everything up, and loaded my mod up to test it out. I started a new world, and my game crashed! I checked the log to see what was wrong and I got the log attached. One thing that stood out in particular to me was this: 

[00:04:06]: error loading module 'speech_rox' from file '../mods/workshop-956613943\scripts\speech_rox.lua':
	[string "cannot OLDFILEACCESSMETHOD @../mods/workshop-956613943\scripts\..."]:2122: '<eof>' expected near '='

What does this mean, if anything, and could it be the source of my problems? (P.S. I'd be willing to add a zip file of the mod if it'd help.)

client_log.txt

I believe eof means end of function, seeing it came from speech_rox you may be missing either a comma or semicolon or a curly bracket or quotation mark near line 2122 I believe. With end of function you need to close off the function or else the program won't know when to end, other than that I can't help much without the speech file.

oh! okay, i thought it would rename when it autocompiled. i guess not. thanks for the help :)

it crashed again- i found the same error as before: [00:05:18]: [string "scripts/util.lua"]:549: Could not find an asset matching anim/rox.zip in any of the search paths. i don't know what to do to fix it :/ (i thought it would autocompile the zip files into the anim folder, i guess it's not?) EDIT: i just realized the mod doesnt have an anim folder? i don't know why.

Edited by poppychips

i'm starting to suspect that it may just be my computer :/ i updated the mod with your file, and instead of crashing, it froze and i had to manually close it. at least it works for others. thanks for your help, dude. i think i'll resolve this at a later time. /shrug

On 5/14/2018 at 12:02 PM, poppychips said:

i'm starting to suspect that it may just be my computer :/ i updated the mod with your file, and instead of crashing, it froze and i had to manually close it. at least it works for others. thanks for your help, dude. i think i'll resolve this at a later time. /shrug

I would double check your error log to make sure. You can find it in MyDocuments>Klei>Don't Starve Together and it'll be clienterrorlog.txt or something close to that. Normally the errors will be near the very bottom.If you need someone to look at it you can upload the error log and we can look as well.