Storage Compactor Visual Indication

Dear Klei team,

Amazing game! Thank you for it!

I'm missing a visual indication for the storage compactor. We need to click to know which kind of material we are stocking. A visual indication (color, sign, etc) will be very helpful.

Best Regards!

Arrombado.

There is a somewhat simple method of what you're asking. If you click on the materials in the top right UI element, the game will focus on wherever the spare material is. Clicking multiple times will show material that is stored in compactors. It's not exactly what you asked for, but it works.

7 hours ago, Arrombado said:

Dear Klei team,

Amazing game! Thank you for it!

I'm missing a visual indication for the storage compactor. We need to click to know which kind of material we are stocking. A visual indication (color, sign, etc) will be very helpful.

Best Regards!

Arrombado.

An issue with this is if a compactor has multiple resources in it. How would the indicator work? Default to the major resource? Then you can assume that there isn't any resource inside by mistake. If they can come up with a easy way to do it, that would be cool. I do think we need larger storage. Whether it be a new compactor made from refined metal or a room bonus that increased storage capacity.

Archived