Can Volt Goats Respawn?

So I had the misfortune to have the desert volt goat herd spawn near a bunch of hound mounds. Inevitably, the poor goats got torn to shreds and eaten. Will more respawn in the same area eventually, or am I sunk as far as electric milk is concerned? At least I got a bunch of horns.

Sadly no. Volt goats can only respawn when there is at least one volt goat remaining. However, there are sometimes 2 volt goat herds per world. A tip is if you see volt goats near a hound mound, just leave it alone and come back later when you are capable of dealing with the situation. This is because in Don't Starve things only happen when you are near to them. If you don't have any other spawns you will have to either start over or take a trip through the Teleportato. :(

On 5/1/2018 at 9:12 AM, Ajosen said:

Sadly no. Volt goats can only respawn when there is at least one volt goat remaining. However, there are sometimes 2 volt goat herds per world. A tip is if you see volt goats near a hound mound, just leave it alone and come back later when you are capable of dealing with the situation. This is because in Don't Starve things only happen when you are near to them. If you don't have any other spawns you will have to either start over or take a trip through the Teleportato. :(

That would have been good to know before this happened. >:/ Guess the next question is will anyone look down on me if I use commands to spawn in a new one(especially now that I had a Deerclops destroy most of the Hound Mounds)

Archived