My Dupe starved to death. I tried to stop it.

Another priority issue, my favourite. I had a starving dupe and was cutting it close with my food making but I prepared a mud cake thing and tried to get them to eat but many other (slightly less) starving dupes 'locked' onto it first so I had to give them walk commands to stop it and allow my hungry dupe to eat. It normally works when I do it but it would be much easier to set a hunger priority or for dupes to wait until they are the lowest calorie count until they eat unless forced otherwise with priority. 

It would be pretty nice if they could add a slider to the ration boxes that would allow you to set it so only dupes with less than X calories are allowed to take food from it so that you can have an emergency ration boxed stocked that is only used when dupes are starving

Duplicants will take food on a first-come first-served basis. It's a flawed system, as usually it's whoever is closest that gets fed first. The way it SHOULD be is that duplicants will eat based on who is the lowest on calories, who is closest to starving.

For now, you can restrict who is allowed into your food storage by door permissions, or restrict food types in the consumables tab until whoever is starving is out of danger.

Archived