BUG: Slow Texture Loading / Black Backgrounds

ScopeTCR

This is something I put on the steam game hub and was told to put here. So here it is:

Whenever playing this game I have one very game breaking problem which just makes me not want to play at all, keep in mind it also happens in Shank 2 which must use the same engine or what have you. My computer is quite up to par, I have a GTX 560 GPU and a Quad Core CPU, so games don't normally cause my PC trouble.

This, however, is different. In both "Mark of the Ninja" and "Shank 2," I have a problem where the background / terrain textures load at a very slow rate and only seem to begin loading once I reach the new area. This causes the game to have 100% black and non-loaded textures until it decides to load them, and it won't always load them (sometimes not at all, sometimes just partially). I greatly appreciate you taking a look into my issue, I have had it for some time.

Some things I have done to try to fix this are:

[*]Update my graphics drivers

[*]Change between resolutions

[*]Try out different video settings

No one so far has seemed to assist me in fixing this. I have attached two images to this message displaying the second level right when you start, which is a prime example of when the game doesn't load any textures at all. I had to lower the quality of the images super low because of the ridiculous 19.5 KB limit. :/

Specs: Windows 7 - 32 bit

I play my games at 1600x900

Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 560 Ti

CPU: Core 2 Quad Q9400 @ 2.66GHz

Power Supply: 650 Watts

post-1019-13764589306905_thumb.jpg

post-1019-13764589307693_thumb.jpg

Is anyone even reading this? I've been in the dark with this problem for months, if not a year. It's ridiculous how I can't play a simple 2d game on my computer when I can run most 3d games at full. And the worst part is no one is even looking into it.

ScopeTCR- Have you tried checking the integrity of the install?In your steam library, right click on the game and choose "properties"From there click on the "Local Files" tab and then choose "Verify integrity of game cache"Let me know how it goes.