dups dont want to equip suits it seems

that exosuit there has air in it, its assigned to the guy doing that repair job, i keep moving him to the suit, he keeps going back to fix the machine.

its been 3 cycles now and he would rather get scalded and heatstroke than put the suit on.

i have also noticed this type of trend with the clothing, they wont put on a sweater and constantly prefer to work till they get hypothermia instead.

is there a reason they dont like to put on equipment?

20180402160122_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, MythN7 said:

that exosuit there has air in it, its assigned to the guy doing that repair job, i keep moving him to the suit, he keeps going back to fix the machine.

its been 3 cycles now and he would rather get scalded and heatstroke than put the suit on.

i have also noticed this type of trend with the clothing, they wont put on a sweater and constantly prefer to work till they get hypothermia instead.

20180402160122_1.jpg

I've never had that problem. You have to have a docking station and a checkpoint and make sure they can't go around the checkpoint.  They will always put the suit on before they leave and won't take it off until they get back -- provided there's air in the suit.

image.png.e6daaf3a490da016464cf047c56c2fbe.png

1 minute ago, MythN7 said:

20180402160122_1.jpg

It's a problem with priorities. I'm not sure what it is categorized as, but whatever it is, this dupe doesn't have it high enough for him to prefer it.

Of course, this situation leads us to the question, why are you trying to equip a suit manually instead of using a checkpoint? I recommend just doing that instead.

Just now, KittenIsAGeek said:

I've never had that problem. You have to have a docking station and a checkpoint and make sure they can't go around the checkpoint.  They will always put the suit on before they leave and won't take it off until they get back -- provided there's air in the suit.

image.png.e6daaf3a490da016464cf047c56c2fbe.png

ya i do have one, but if you dont feed it with power and air then even if the suit has air seems to not let them pass.

so i just have an extra suit made for the middle of nowhere spots.

1 minute ago, Luminite2 said:

It's a problem with priorities. I'm not sure what it is categorized as, but whatever it is, this dupe doesn't have it high enough for him to prefer it.

Of course, this situation leads us to the question, why are you trying to equip a suit manually instead of using a checkpoint? I recommend just doing that instead.

i know in the case of an exo suit its fixable by just putting the checkpoint, but this also happens all the time with the warm and cool vests, so it still needs to be addressed somehow.

1 minute ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

They will never equip a suit in the middle of nowhere.  They will ONLY equip suits at docking stations.

you can equip it, you just click on suit and assign like the other stuff.

ive had guys equip them, thats how i got that one way up there, just the guy that wants to repair the machine refuses to wear the suit.

and the guys that will wear it, wont fix anything.

1 minute ago, MythN7 said:

i know in the case of an exo suit its fixable by just putting the checkpoint, but this also happens all the time with the warm and cool vests, so it still needs to be addressed somehow.

you can equip it, you just click on suit and assign like the other stuff.

ive had guys equip them, thats how i got that one way up there, just the guy that wants to repair the machine refuses to wear the suit.

and the guys that will wear it, wont fix anything.

I've never tried that particular method.  I've always used exosuit docks and checkpoints, correctly connected to air and electricity, and I've never had a dupe take off a suit while out in the wilds -- even when a dupe was stuck for 2 cycles.

1 minute ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

I've never tried that particular method.  I've always used exosuit docks and checkpoints, correctly connected to air and electricity, and I've never had a dupe take off a suit while out in the wilds -- even when a dupe was stuck for 2 cycles.

before the ranching update outfits never had an issue, they would run and put it on instantly when you told them to, they would even cancel what they were doing to put it on ive seen back then.

i actualy had so much reed fiber, that i made suits just to discard them for the free o2.

i mean use up the tank and just drop it where ever and equip a new suit for the initial dig down to the lava.

Just now, MythN7 said:

before the ranching update outfits never had an issue, they would run and put it on instantly when you told them to, they would even cancel what they were doing to put it on ive seen back then.

i actualy had so much reed fiber, that i made suits just to discard them for the free o2.

I often don't have extra reed fibers until well into the game, and by then I'm producing a lot more O2 than my dupes are using.

Just now, KittenIsAGeek said:

I often don't have extra reed fibers until well into the game, and by then I'm producing a lot more O2 than my dupes are using.

i always have to much.

i have 2 growing right off the bat.

have one in a reg farm tile, and thats how you get rid of the wash basin PW bottles.

then later, have a hydroponics one taking the overflow in  the pipes from your bathrroms.

There are SO many uses for PW that often I find myself needing more, so I always keep my early game excess in something like this.  The mesh tile channel seals off the room, so no PO2 flowback.  I haven't hooked the pump up to power yet, but the wire runs to the top of the ladder.  Same with the output pipe.  

image.thumb.png.045266bc8f24ae2d1ae65f946a0f0820.png

Archived