Love new Priorities, but needs more transparency

I love the new update, but I'm having trouble understanding which priorities affect which jobs in the base. For example, delivering dirt to meal wood appears to be a farmer's job, but delivering many other things seems to be the gofer's job. It's not clear what "life support errands" are, and no one ever seems to operate my apothecary station, or go and put their clothes on that I have so painstakingly sewn for them!

I think the new priorities system has huge potential, but I think it might be good to have some way to see which tasks belong to which priorities/jobs. I can think of two ways to do this:

1. An overlay that shows which type of errands are being demanded, so a farm would display FARM:Harvest only when it's requiring harvesting
  2. buildings have a tab called errands that describe which errands the building requires. So for example a farm planter would show:
  •   "Farm: deliver fertilizer"
  •   "Farm: harvest plant"
  • etc

I think the main issue right now is the lack of clarity about who should be doing what. I find myself needing something done asap, so for a short time I just cycle high priority through every type so I can get it done.

The most unclear to me are

• operate
  • supply
  • storage
  • life support

Side note: Another small suggestion is I think nighttime could use more depth, right now it is just waiting time. I feel like nighttime should present you with new challenges/problems like a lack of light and perhaps security. Perhaps the rancher 2 upgrade could be good since animals might need certain things at night.

Archived